The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61299 - 12/27/03 07:54 PM www.book-in-a-week.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
For the women writiers in here...you may want to check out this site to keep you on task. Writers basically commit to doing a specific amount of writing per week/month and the members all hold one another to those commitments.

Reminds me of making resolutions, but having someone hold you accountable.

Hey maybe we can havve a forum where we hold one another accountable for our New Year's resolutions... [Wink]

#61300 - 01/09/04 11:59 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Mmmm....yeah.....everyone lined up for this one, I see.

Think of another one.
[Big Grin]
K

#61301 - 01/10/04 12:12 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I would just lie anyway....what? what?

#61302 - 01/10/04 02:40 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hey Kate,

Glad to see ya back in here again! [Smile] [Smile]

#61303 - 01/10/04 05:11 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Hi Merry Merry!

Glad to be back. I was just in an overwhelmed month I think. I told Dots that ...well I think I told her....I was so stressed that I started to itch. And it was cold...and I was broke, and just overwhelmed in general. But now I'm much better and I'm feeling very pro-active with my life! But that's for another post, not a book-in-a-week one so, more on another channel.

Kate

#61304 - 01/10/04 05:23 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
My friend in Georgia and I are trying to keep each other on task. We've committed to one page or an hour of writing a week.I write the time in on my calendar. It usually turns into more than than that but it feels good to accomplish either.We try to email each other our writing and that's a great source of revision and support.It really helps to be acountable to a friend.

#61305 - 01/10/04 07:01 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm looking for an email writing partner like yours Caloona. I'm a member of several writing organizations including one at which we read and edit our pages, but it doesn't keep me on target and it's difficult to share the deeper feelings I express in writing in an open forum.

If anyone is interesting in trying that method of writing/sharing/commenting, let me know.....

smile

#61306 - 01/10/04 07:42 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Smiles, I might be interested in this...tell me how it would work...I'm not familiar with having a writing muse/friend/shadow/partner/shrink.

#61307 - 01/10/04 07:58 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
smilinize Offline

Wow JJ, you added a whole new element. Of course if we get into the shrinking business, we'll probably get very little writing done for sure. I have no idea how this works. I was just thinking that we could share how ever many pages we wrote on a regular schedule and it would hold us to actually writing sometihng. Maybe once a week or twice on a good week or whatever we decided on. Let's get info from Caloona...

You would be a great partner for a novel I'm writing that is kind of funny and sort of serious. It's a midlife coming of age story. ???

Let's do it!!!

smile

#61308 - 01/11/04 08:17 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

sound good to me girl. The novel sounds like something I would love too! I am also writing one that is a mystery...it is called "The Best Kept Secret in Alabama." However, I don't want to focus on that right now. I would prefer to focus on articles I think. But then again...I might...hmmm...this gives me something to mull over...

Once a week sounds good to me. Would it be a particilar day? Do we critique? Or just play it by ear with updates? Oh I think this would be fun too.

Anyone else want in? Got Milk?

#61309 - 01/11/04 08:37 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
smilinize Offline

I say we critique. I'm always amazed at what I think I've swritten compared to what others actually read on the page.

Actually my novel is kind of getting on my nerves and mostly at the editing stage now anyway. Howver, I'm doing some children's books to accompany a series of children's musicals that I've written. That might be more fun. Or maybe we could work on a couple of projects together so we don't get bored.

And I think we should try for a specific day. Otherwise, I'll put it off forever. Just the way I am.....

Onward. I'm ready!!!

smile

#61310 - 01/15/04 05:21 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JJ and smile, rumor has it that you two are keeping each other on track with your writing through e-mail. Wanna share?

#61311 - 01/15/04 05:58 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
smilinize Offline

Yep. JJ's already way ahead of me though. She's got a column!! And it's good. I'm still trying to find something worth saying.

I'm really excited about this. I love JJ's stuff and I get to look it over first.

smile

#61312 - 01/15/04 10:12 PM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks Smiles...you are too kind! Columns do keep you on your toes though cause they have DEADLINES! eeek! And since they are sending you large amounts of money for your column pieces, you have to be on time. Okay, so I lied about the money thing..sue me..

Janis is being modest. She is very organized and her writing is very good. I can already tell from the snopsis she has sent for critiquing. I don't think she needs me...

#61313 - 01/16/04 02:52 AM Re: www.book-in-a-week.com
smilinize Offline

JJ Wrong! I NEED you. Oh lordy do I ever.

Hey do you do housework?

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved