The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61250 - 06/01/06 07:56 AM Mammograms
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I had my yearly mammogram yesterday and a bone density scan.

I know you've all heard us whine about those torture devices they use for our mammograms, but I just had to rant about them one more time on my blog.

http://www.vickimtaylor.com/blogs

#61251 - 05/31/06 08:07 PM Re: Mammograms
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki,
I just left your blog and read several of the things you've written there. WONDERFUL! I especially liked what you had to say about WORDS. That needs to be a creed!

The story of the new bird was so sweet. And of course your most recent "rant" on mammo's...well, I left a comment...You'll see what I think of women having to go thru these kinds of things, and men don't!

JJ

#61252 - 05/31/06 08:50 PM Re: Mammograms
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ah, yes, mammograms. Another topic for the Rick and June series!

I have a note from my doctor that I need to schedule mine, but I just haven't made that call yet. Putting it off, and I know I shouldn't!

#61253 - 06/01/06 12:34 AM Re: Mammograms
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Interested to know if you have to pay for them over in the States? They are free here for any women over 50, I think.

I've never had one and doubt I ever will, don't think I've very much to put in the machine!!

I was once sent a cartoon joke titled 'If Women Controlled Medicine' .......it was called a Manogram. I think you can all imagine the picture that went with it!!

#61254 - 06/01/06 02:34 AM Re: Mammograms
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I have insurance that covers it. I think if you are uninsured, you probably have to pay. I know the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation helps to fund free mammmograms for women who can't afford them - I get emails from time to time where if you go to their site and click a certain link, it helps fund the program.

#61255 - 06/01/06 02:44 AM Re: Mammograms
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Flossie, you MUST get one. I had very little to squish in the olden days and they can still do it. Now that I've put on a little weight, there's just more to squish.

It's not agonizing for most women; it is uncomfortable but it's not a lasting pain - at least not for me.

My mammogram last year showed a lump; I had it removed to be safe. Fortunately it was a benign fibroadenoma. But what if it had been something else and I hadn't gotten the mammogram? I hate to think of those consequences, when you can do it so easily and maybe save your life.

Take care!
Kathy

#61256 - 06/01/06 05:15 AM Re: Mammograms
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I go every year . I have to fiber cyst on my breast from caffine . I drink only decafe tea or soda . I feel lots better now. My last mammogram show not new fiber cyst . I take 200mg of Vitamin E for this also. I go next week to I go to the GY every year .

What is that they say and ounce of prevention is a pound of cure .

What ever I just do it . The pain of the mammogram only last a little while .

#61257 - 07/20/06 10:40 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Sadie]
Old Knitter Offline

Okay......it's really not comfortable, but we HAVE to do it. My hope is that in my life time the mammogram is replaced with a more civilized test.

#61258 - 07/22/06 01:57 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Old Knitter]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've never had a painful mammogram. My doc even heats up the beast with a heating pad but it still feels cold.

My sister refuses to have one in France because they don't give you a robe or anything to cover yourself and she could get it for free there but will wait till she visits the states just so she can have a little robe. I never was that modest but she sure is.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#61259 - 07/22/06 11:09 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Theres an even BETTER more thorough test that can detect a budding tumor years earlier called: Thermagraphy (spelling??) and it is the latest best test to have, works on heat sensors, NO smashing the breasts, NO discomfort what-so-ever. The problem is not all doctors have the equipment yet to offer it. Ask about it bacause it is far superior to the mammogram.

Edited by chatty lady (07/22/06 11:10 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved