The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#61059 - 01/17/06 03:30 AM can't find peace
Scorpio115 Offline

Loc: New York
I am at a time and circumstance in my life where I just am not at peace. I've entered forums before but it seems I don't fit in. So I picked this one, cause in a way this is whining.
Doesn't anyone else feel this way?

#61060 - 01/17/06 03:37 AM Re: can't find peace
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
NO but we discuss, we advise and we comfort and offer understanding and none of that constitutes whining. That said, WELCOME Scorpio115 and heres hoping you sharing whatever it is that keeps you from feeling 'at peace' can be discussed and hopefully helped by the wisdom within this all women forum....Oh and sometimes we do whine for the fun of it...

[ January 16, 2006, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#61061 - 01/17/06 03:46 AM Re: can't find peace
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Welcome Scorpio115...

Think everyone whines from time to time...don't you?

Maybe, by sharing the circumstances in your life...the ladies here might be able to give direction for adding the peace, your searching for.

We even have a forum called...

A Very Fine Whine...if you still feel the need.

[ January 16, 2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]

#61062 - 01/17/06 05:16 AM Re: can't find peace
Scorpio115 Offline

Suzieq: Thank you. For a minute, after reading the first few replies, I though I'd better let it be. I felt that maybe I was being recognized as a malcontent. I will be ready to post what is causing my distress, later on. I am not trying to be interesting, I just need some support. Well, maybe let me give you all a preview. I was let go from my job a year ago. The last three years there were horrible as the company changed in so many ways. I had the misfortune of working for a sociopath. Even though I was vindicated and he was let go, my age played a part in their decision to release me. I don't miss work. Here is what I miss. My grandchildren live 1200 miles away and I saw them for only a week last year. My husband and I would love to relocate but there are things and family that keep us up here. No snowbirding advice please. It doesn't work.
Also, my mom's health seems to be failing though we don't know what to put our finger on. She's been through such a battery of tests and thankfully they reveal nothing. I'm the only one who is of the belief that she isn't facing old age too well (she's nearly 90). My siblings and I are being disconnected throughout this crisis, at each other's throats to be truthful. Well, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Thought I'd leave you hungering for more (ha).

#61063 - 01/17/06 05:39 AM Re: can't find peace
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm sorry your feel disconnected. You will find love and support here. My grandkids are far away too and it breaks my heart. Can't or won't move there for different reasons (mainly because they need to lead their own lives and it just isn't good for us to relocate there) so no judgment here and no snowbird stories. "So many snowbirds and so little freezer space."

Hope you come back and join us. I whine quite a bit and so far, nobody has crucified me...yet!

#61064 - 01/17/06 06:04 AM Re: can't find peace
chatty lady Offline
Writer

To say your moms near 90 and her tests show that theres nothing wrong is a wonderment in itself. Like you say she is just old and isn't going to feel the same as she did years ago....God Bless her....

In another post I mentioned moving across country to be near my son and my soon to be born grandson. It was the right decision for me and both my son and daughter-in-law begged me to come home. I think you have a double problem here, 1st. whether to leave your mon and other family and move away or 2nd. whether to move and maybe take your mother along but then you have the sibblings to deal with. I hope the answer comes to you and everything works out. I see no snowbirds here to worry about, you have a real dilema.

#61065 - 01/17/06 08:39 AM Re: can't find peace
Scorpio115 Offline

I was hesitating coming online to see if anyone replied to my rant. Thank you all so much. I'm getting comfortable this time around. I'm very sensitive and introverted. Hard to find a friend to confide in who genuinely understands and doesn't placate me or make me feel that I am a complainer or self absorbed. I thought I'd be better at expressing myself this way but I was still afraid I couldn't make anyone see what I was hurting about. I have a lot more to share. Can't do it all at once but now that I know you guys are here, I'll be back.

#61066 - 01/28/06 03:30 AM Re: can't find peace
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Scorpio115, been thinking about you and wondering how you are getting along and whether any of the comments given were of any help. I hope you feel a bit better posting and believe me I doubt there is a problem someone here has not or is not experiencing as we speak. I could do some real ranting right now myself and I probably will too.... [Razz]

#61067 - 01/28/06 09:59 AM Re: can't find peace
kidogo Offline

Well. I think my computer's moral police is on duty. What I mean by that is it seems that every time I try to write an email or post something that even remotely sounds like whining....it seems to vanish into cyber-space, never to be seen again! That said....I had this post all but finished and I Lost It! Oh well. Perhaps there was a good reason for it. Anyway.

I wanted to say hello to you Scorpio. I noticed that you are in New York---me too! I worry about being rejected also. I don't want to complain about my life too much but I have had enough stuff go wrong in my life that sometimes I need to talk it out. It's not like I never have anything positive to talk about. But all too often people will turn away from me if I mention too much of the bad stuff. And since I'm on that subject...when my son died Nobody would let me cry. Was that fair? They were uncomfortable with my grief....Well I wasn't exactly feeling comfortable with it either. It's not like I had any prior experience! You know? But hey, I worked in a car wash at the time and let me tell you when that shampooer was running nobody could hear me and so that's when I cried and I was as loud as I needed to be. And since nobody was inside the car with me they didn't have to be uncomfortable with my pain anymore. I took care of my problem the same as I always did....all by myself. I have found a few friends that will let me be in whatever emotional state I need to be and I return the favor. So if you or anybody else needs someone like that....I'm here for you.
I really do care.

#61068 - 01/28/06 10:01 AM Re: can't find peace
kidogo Offline

Wow. All I meant to say was...Consider yourself hugged.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved