The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#61049 - 01/17/06 01:46 AM I HAVE A HEADACHE
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
For the past week or so....there has been a dog barking constantly!!! [Mad]

I don't know which yard it's coming from--since we have a field between my yard & the next block.

I have a headache right now....even over the tv you can hear it....whenever I let Cookie outside now...she'll start barking! I try not to let her bark because my new neighbor works nights & I also have consideration for others!!!

Help!!! I'm almost out of tylenol!!!! [Mad]

#61050 - 01/17/06 02:07 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I sympathize, Kay. Years ago we had a neighbor who worked nights and left his dog out to bark while he was gone. Needless to say, he was not popular with the rest of us.

Is there an anti-noise ordinance where you live?

#61051 - 01/17/06 02:37 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Everywhere they have ordinances about excessive dog barking, call the animal control people and let them handle it.

#61052 - 01/17/06 07:58 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I wonder if something could be wrong with the dog? If you know where it is, maybe you could call animal control and have them check it out. IMO the dog is distressed if it's barking so much and it's cruel for the owner to leave it out with no concern to it's well-being.

Daisygirl

#61053 - 01/18/06 08:35 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daisy, I'm with you. Go find the dog. Perhaps it's trying to get someone's attention.

#61054 - 01/17/06 10:40 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
ladybug Offline

Around here if you call the police they will come right out to the offender's home immdediately to find out what's wrong. The offenders are then instructed to bring their dog indoors.

#61055 - 01/18/06 04:22 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
Noreen Braman Offline

Loc: New Jersey
ugh. We refer to the three dogs next door as the dogs from hell. Their owners let them outside at all hours of the day and night, and they just bark constantly. The worst part is they come right up to the fence and aim their barking at my kitchen window. They have taught my own dog how to bark back at them, and I can't have her outside if they are out. Recently I began erecting a stockade fence next to their chain link fence, because if their dogs even see you in the kitchen, they start. Neighbors all around complain to me - they want me to call and complain, but I have to live next door to these people. Sometimes, I think they do it on purpose.

#61056 - 01/18/06 06:07 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So call in confidence or tell these noisy neighbors urging you to call to call themselves, don't they have phones? It is against the noise laws to allow any animal to bark after 9:00 PM so you have every right to call and complain....

#61057 - 01/18/06 06:20 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I don't know about other places, but our police will investigate an anonymous tip about this type of offense. And unless I'm misinformed, they don't have to tell the owner of the dog who the "complainant" was.

Did I really just say complainant??? It's been a long day!

#61058 - 01/18/06 01:35 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
We used to have a similar situation here. There were two different houses with dogs that barked non-stop. Unfortunately, animal control and the police won't do anything if the owner isn't home, which is when the dogs barked. Big help they were.

Finally both families moved. Good riddance.

Noreen, what's worse: living next door to the incessantly barking "dogs from hell," or neighbors who won't speak to you? Personally, I'd opt for the silent treatment over the noise pollution. Less headache.

My next door neighbors on both sides each have two dogs, but they're responsible dog owners and would never let their dogs become a nuisance.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved