The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#61008 - 12/18/05 02:44 AM Not calling first
ladybug Offline

My problem was always with my husband's relatives who felt it was not necessary to call us before coming to visit.

They all live almost 100 miles away. When folks come to visit I love to fuss and go all out with a beautiful extravagant dinner. I also don't want people coming from that far of a distance "just for a short visit." There's also the problem that they could drive this far only to find us not home, which has happened.

If they lived around the corner I would'nt expect them to call first. As a result, my husband's cousin and his wife didn't visit us because I asked them to call first. What's wrong with that?

We also did do just as they said and visited once without calling. You could tell from their sourpuss expressions that we made a big boo boo. How was I to know they were planning to go out to dinner that day? Later on I heard from my husbands sister who said the ones we visited were really irked by our unexpected visit. I said, "but she always tells us to come down, you don't need to call first, we're family."

#61009 - 12/18/05 04:12 AM Re: Not calling first
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
My problem is my step daughters who call and say they will be in town shopping at the mall and will stop over so there we sit and then no show
And what about the non callers who catch you in the middle of afternoon delight with clothes all a fuddle

#61010 - 12/18/05 04:18 AM Re: Not calling first
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't like the pop in!

#61011 - 12/18/05 04:34 AM Re: Not calling first
ladybug Offline

Pattyann, afternoon delight is when I buy some goober pies from the grocery store and hide them in the cabinet where I keep cards. Then I take one and eat it in the afternoon when no one's looking. Uh, okay, that's not what you meant by afternoon delight huh? Thought not.

Seriously though, speaking of goobers, how about those that say they'll be there within ten minutes and you run around tidying up and they show up two hours later? [Mad]

#61012 - 12/18/05 05:34 AM Re: Not calling first
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In Chicago I never minded when friends and family dropped in because I always have something I can serve but then I moved and try living in a place like Las Vegas when people you haven't seen or even heard from for years drop in with their entire family bag and baggage...Talk about a pain in the behind. I actally had to tell them I would be happy to call around and find them a room. Geesh!!!

[ December 17, 2005, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#61013 - 12/19/05 05:43 AM Re: Not calling first
ladybug Offline

Chatty, I read about this in one of your earlier posts. You handled it gracefully and appropriately.

I think some people really are ignorant. I like to think of classless people like this as country bumpkins.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved