The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60857 - 11/24/05 06:39 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I do 15 - 20 loads a week!! If someone paid me, I'd be rolling in the dough...

#60858 - 11/25/05 06:34 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Scorpio115 Offline

Loc: New York
Well, finally I may have found the right forum. I've posted a few in different topic areas and didn't get as many responses as I thought I would've. Couldn't believe my whinings or problems were unique. And thought that this would be a place to get the support I need.
Yeah, my life is so much the same as others and yet at times I feel so different. I think that we're constantly comparing ourselves and our situations to the ones we think are better. Making us feel less about ourselves. Though I know things can be worse, they can also be greater. And people are not sensitive to your issues. It gives them a platform to elevate their own lives.

#60859 - 11/25/05 09:20 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
You are right, scorpio......
quote:
It gives them a platform to elevate their own lives.
. I've also heard this after someone finding out about my childlessness: "oh, I don't KNOW what I would do without MY kids". BOING!! Talk about a punch in the stomach.

#60860 - 11/25/05 12:34 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Di.. you spoke of feeling 'alone and lonely'...
Long ago, i read these words ..

"In everyone's heart
stirs a great homesickness".

I've always remembered those words, because they descriped that loneliness which seemed to be always deep inside somewhere, which may be the same as your describing. Now i accept the feeling as a treasure, because, i 've come to believe (rightly or wrongly) that it is a faint memory or hidden knowledge of where we each came from ... because so many have seemed to understand it, and how it goes when we're somehow involved with those we care about.

I dont know if that helps or not, but wanted to share it.

#60861 - 11/25/05 02:14 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Di, this probably won't help you at all, but when someone gets onto the pity train because I don't have children, I just pipe up cheerfully, "No, but I have a lot of cactus!" [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Boy, does that shut them up in a hurry! [Razz]

Decorate, decorate, and decorate! It's YOUR home, and if lack of decorations make it feel less like Christmas, then decorate to the rafters!

For most of my life I ignored Christmas because it's not my religion, but for the past few years I've "adopted" poor families or children and bought them gifts, because I know how much the holiday means to them. You can "adopt" a poor family, a child with no family, seniors whose families don't visit, or someone in a hospital or nursing home. You can buy them gifts or bake cookies or visit them. They will not care about your gray hair. They will just be so happy that you thought of them for the holidays.

#60862 - 11/25/05 06:29 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When someone tells me they don't have kids, I ask them if they'd like to rent mine for a while!

Home is where the heart is. Whatever your heart wants, that's your home.

Strange but I was going to post about being afraid of losing my husband. Is it an age thing? He's 60 and I'm 58. He told me last week that he was afraid of the same thing.

You might consider adopting a battered woman and her children for Christmas. I do this and it's always done in secret. Just something to bring beauty and love into their lives.

#60863 - 11/25/05 06:39 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne,

That is tooo funny! I'm available to rent/lend mine out also!

What a great idea about adopting a battered woman...I WILL look into that!

Can you imagine what the world would be like, if each of us just reached out to one person in need.

See, this is one way I CAN do what you mentioned in the nabbw forums to share my passion with a battered woman.

TKS!

D.

#60864 - 11/26/05 03:13 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
ladybug Offline

Our church does this every year. They have an item listed on an ornament on a Christmas tree in church. The items needed are suggested by our Community Care organization. You pick off an ornament and buy the item the family is in need of. The gift is to be wrapped and the ornament with the item listed is then taped to the outside of the gift. Our men's club then delivers them back to Community Care who then distributes them to the needy families.

#60865 - 11/26/05 05:46 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
That's how it's done at my gym, only the recipients can ask for the gift they'd like. We can read their requests and choose the one we want to buy for.

#60866 - 11/26/05 07:59 PM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
ladybug Offline

It's a great idea isn't it, no matter how it's done?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved