The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60847 - 11/24/05 02:56 AM Winter blues....or is it??
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I'm having a terrible time aging.

I'm 48 1/2, never had kids, married a man with adult kids whom we have never spent Christmas with (in 10 years), deathly afraid of DH dying before me and being alone, have no health insurance, all my family lives far, far away, etc. I'm tired and lonely, too. Yes, I belong to a couple of clubs but.

Why does the "world" have to put so much emphasis on "families" during Christmas and Thanksgiving time. All I hear is "kids this", "kids that", "home for Christmas". We have NO kids and NO home for Christmas. I have not decorated for 10 years........well, maybe 9. But that's it.

My face is wrinkling, my hair is graying, my eyelids are droopy, I have a hobby/job that I do at home but it's just not "enough". I have trouble focusing on a job so I do NOT want to work "out there".

Now, for the bright side: I can probably work part time, I have freedom to work at home, I have a DH who puts up with my HRT "experimenting" of being on again/off again with the pills, we have five WONDERFUL doggies without whom I do not know if I could be happier.

So, that is my whine.

#60848 - 11/24/05 03:01 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Di, who says it's not enough? You, or others? If you don't think it's enough, you can change that. I know it's not easy. I am 46, I got lots of kids, my face is wrinkling, my hair is graying, everything is droopy, I haven't worked outside of my house in over 24 years. I still feel like it's not enough for me. But that's something I have to change. If others are telling you it's not enough, then too bad for them. You make your life, they don't, right?
And this is a great place to whine, isn't it? We've all had our turns at being Queen of Whine Country.... [Big Grin]

#60849 - 11/24/05 03:11 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Di Offline

Thanks. I say it's not what I want BUT I do not KNOW what I want. It's the WORLDly ways that get to me. Then, it's stuck in your face constantly. Alone, lonely, no kids, yada, yada, yada.

(love your signature......that is appropriate for this message. I should compare what I do/don't have to His promises)

#60850 - 11/24/05 03:17 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Bluebird Offline

Di I say the same thing!! I feel like I want to do something or accomplish soemthing but don't have a clue as to what it is.

That line is from a song called Shout to the Lord... although I changed the last word from you, to Him (the song is addressing the Lord). It is one of my favorite praise songs.

#60851 - 11/24/05 03:21 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Di Offline

I know that song well.

Ya know, I was thinking today that I love doing laundry so much I should work in a place where people bring their dirty clothes and I can wash them! I'd love it!

#60852 - 11/24/05 04:13 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
ladybug Offline

Di, if you haven't decorated your house for Christmas why not do a little this year? It might brighten your spirits.

Do you know any old folks or others who will be alone at the holidays? Why not ask them to dinner? Everybody wins on that one.

I've been a stay at home mom for 20 years. I like it. I'm 54 and my "kids" are 18 and 20 so Christmas really isn't the same as when they were little for us either.

Christmas isn't just for kids or families with kids, it's for all of us to enjoy.

#60853 - 11/24/05 04:34 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Bluebird Offline

Well, Di, I think you're on to something there!

You did say you love doing laundry, right?? I've never heard anyone say that...

#60854 - 11/24/05 05:05 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Di now you've hit the nail right on the head. You like doing laundry so why not put a small ad in your local shopper that you "wash, fluff and fold" laundry and see what happens, have them drop it off and pick it up, cash only, no checks... Now if you iron thats a plus....So far as not having any kids, sweetheart the holidays have centered around the children for as long as there were holidays. It may be insensitive to those without any but thats just the way it is, sad but true. Now what is this about only two not being a family, bolderdash and pish tosh, one alone can be a family and thats the truth. Your home needs to be adorned for the holidays because you count and it will make you feel happier, your home will feel the love too, LOL. Bake some cookies, get the place smelling like Christmas and enjoy yourself and your spouse. Your afraid of him going before you so make the most of the time you do have together, you can do that even though none of has control of who goes or when. Stop wasting your life worrying ang pouting and get off your kiester and enjoy life while you can, God woman 48 is so young, wish I was 48 again. Fun and happiness is contagious and maybe people will want to come around more. Have happy holidays, my prayers are that you do....you deserve to. [Razz]

[ November 23, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#60855 - 11/24/05 06:58 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Bluebird Offline

No one says it like the Chatty Lady!

#60856 - 11/24/05 07:31 AM Re: Winter blues....or is it??
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Di, too bad you don't live closer to me, I hate laundry.

Daisygirl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved