The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#60712 - 10/15/05 07:14 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
DaisyGirl,

So how on earth does one FIND this employement? and thanx for thinking about it.

Sunrise - that's a very cool idea too, think I'll call the city or the county, state or something. And thank you too

Girls: keep em coming - never can have too many ideas.

Searcher

#60713 - 10/15/05 07:21 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Searcher. I designed a flyer (cheaply) and had some made and took them around to real estate offices near my home area. It simple said I'll do your tediuos paperwork leaving you free to list/show/sell real estate. There is NO out of pocket expense to you and they drop off the work and pick it up when finished. Its discustingly easy and anyone can paste on a label and fold a flyer or seal an envelope. The work is tredious and takes hours of their valuable time. One of my Agents just dropped off 2800 calendars today that need to be stuffed into envelopes and labels attached. I should clear a cool $350. bucks when finished. PM or email me if you are interested. Its very easy money with no lack of customers.

[ October 15, 2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#60714 - 10/15/05 08:16 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I got mine from a newspaper ad, but I already had experience in my industry. Here are some companies that may give you some ideas. You can go to their websites and usually they will list job opportunities. For instance, my company is located in Chicago, but there are about 22 people like me covering the U.S.

There are office furniture companies, such as Steelcase, Herman Miller, Krueger, Hon, United Chair, etc. Avery, Hewlett Packard, Bic Pen, 3M, etc.

One friend got an offer from Liz Claiborn. Food companies call on grocery store chains, Quaker, Proctor & Gamble, Coca Cola, Pepsi, 7Up. What about a pharmacuetical company, your experience as a nurse could benefit you there.

I don't have any inside knowledge of these companies, but I do know there are many opportunities you just have to find an opening in your city.

#60715 - 10/15/05 10:51 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Oh You Girls(notice the girl part)

Are just the best! I'll follow up on all these ideas and see which one comes out on top - but Chatty, how LONG does it take you to do 2800 envelopes? I'm not really sure I have the patience, and then they would end up thrown all over the floor, or out the window? Or even worse, AT someone? I might seem somewhat tame, but after all, I AM Irish.......

But oh, hey, I just saw Hewlett Packard, Daisy, they LIVE here! Their compound is so big they have their own lake. With geese running everwhere and also a tennis court, a baseball diamond, parks, and on and on........I wear Liz Claiborn almost exclusively as I fit into their demographics perfectly (NOT ==I do wear Liz but only because my extemely wealthy friend from high school is the same size I am and buys a seasonal wardrobe 4 times a year and then sends them to me at the end of the season! Bless that girl). Pharmacueticals I would think would take a particular expertise, but you know- maybe not. I just need to check this stuff out. But this is getting to be really fun. I feel like I'm being poked just a little to rouse myself from the grief of Nichole. And that's a good thing - she needs to be where she is and I need to be where I am. So.

And again, thanx
Searcher

#60716 - 10/15/05 11:53 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
After dinner, I watch my husband sleep and listen to him snore! Action (his chest rises and falls, and head bobs around), surround sound (snoring, I mean snoring), I am a captive audience, what more could be asked for! LOL Does that count for watching TV shows?! Hey gals, I am trying to fit in here! Cut me some slack! [Roll Eyes]

#60717 - 10/16/05 08:06 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I like what chatty is doing. she gave me the scoop, but I haven't followed up. June, you made me laugh. something new with my husband is the sound of him entering or exiting a chair. oooh, ow, ugh...
I'm mad at him right now because he gets the mail and it turns out he's been deciding if my mail is important or not, and if not he is throwing it away without consulting me. GRRRRR. What is this thread about? LLL

#60718 - 10/16/05 06:01 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Lynn
My husband does that mail thing too- he holds it all in his hand and proceeds to read his stuff and THEn gives me mine- makes me mad if I have a real letter from a friend- whatever happened to real letters anyway? I used to have bunches of penpals and would get letters every day- guess we're just all too busy [Confused]

#60719 - 10/17/05 07:08 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
LOL, Lynn! I guess it's become things our husband's do that we're sick and tired of!

Mine reads the newspaper and then, throws it away. Like, I don't read? [Confused]

#60720 - 10/16/05 11:46 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Yeah, well, when we get into our house instead of this apartment, I'll be the first to get the mail. I still write snail mail letter. It freaks people out because they think they have to respond in kind instead of email. D, why wouldn't your husband ask you if you wanted to see the paper? Men!

#60721 - 10/17/05 12:08 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This thread is about lots of things!

Now back to searcher...

I think that if the alpaca ranch is a dream you should consider what you can do to wrok i nthat direction? What is your first obstacle? Do you already live on a piece of property you could use?

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved