The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#60692 - 10/12/05 09:42 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Danita, Quick Writer,

You know, like Dan Light Feather - no offense to my American Indian friends, but even they think I'm funny sometimes , but only because I'm very white (pasty faced) with blue eyes and exceedingly curly hair with some Indian heritage so they think I am an amalgamation and don't really count anyway.....(see, we spent 18 years in North Dakota way up by the Canadian border, where only Indians and Norwegians live and also some really weird Irish/German/French/American Indian folks.)

Well, you are just tooo funny and I am just delighted since the only people I know are really way too serious and frankly drive me nuts - they always take me seriously when I am only trying to lighten a serious situation - how in the world can you go thru life being miserable in a miserable situation?

And yes, it has certainly helped my day, moreover, my convictions that life WILL get better!

More hugs,
Searcher

#60693 - 10/12/05 10:00 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
And Danita Quick Writer (Henceforth to be known as Danita Q W),

ROTFPMP is the only way I can appreciate good humor since my uterus has made a permanent liason with my bladder. Good insurance would be such a blessing!

Talk to you all soon
Searcher

#60694 - 10/12/05 12:31 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
I just realized! i don't watch tv anymore, unless i catch an older movie, or a new good movie. What are the chances of that? LOL I am like Danita, I live in lala Land! if I am not on the computer looking in here, I am on a poetry board, or writing poetry! i get lost and never think of tv! HUM! I do listen to 1 particular cd over and over and over though! LOL
Bach:
Concerto for 2 violins in D minor
Concerto for violin in E major
Concerto for violin in A minor

Picked it up for $1.50 15 yrs ago and just love it! LOL

Don't worry, I throw in a little boot scootin' boggie every once in a while, TEXAS LIVES! LOLOL

#60695 - 10/12/05 03:24 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay searcher, I admit it. Occasionally I watch the history channel... uh huh. Do. eeek!

I don't watch survivior (please don't shoot me!) Sweeping my kitchen floor is as much energy as I expend daily, and those people just wear me out.

I do watch EVERY Sunday, Poirot, on the Biography channel and if you want to get my dander up, call me during one of his shows. I LOVE THEM! He's a Belgium detective and the stories were written by Agatha Christie... just my cup of tea... I like British shows, most of them, especially the mystery shows.

Course I still watch Matlock and Murder She Wrote too...

JJ

#60696 - 10/12/05 11:41 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My favorites are:

Any crime show - I should have been a forensic scientist.
Most of HGTV - I get good ideas for future projects.
Animal planet - I watch the dog catcher shows, then can't finish watching because I get too upset.
Fox News - but the debating shows are getting old. And when there is a catastrophe, I'm glued to the tv even though I cry and get all depressed.
No reality - life is enough reality for me. Plus, don't you think it's all fake anyway?
Every now and then I watch Oprah.
Sex in the City - I've only started watching after it started playing on reg. cable. Sometimes I cringe - they are all such loose women.

Daisygirl

#60697 - 10/12/05 11:51 PM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Searcher,

Thank you sooo much for my honorable Indian name. I will use it with pride!

I hope today is an even better day for you then yesterday was. (you know the old saying, "every day above ground, is a great one". LOL)

You said: "ROTFPMP is the only way I can appreciate good humor since my uterus has made a permanent liason with my bladder."

I say: You are soooo funny. A liaison, huh?

I saw this joke and thought of you (hope you don't mind)...it's an (ahem) older woman in a red hat and she's saying...

"multi-tasking...I laugh, cough, sneeze and pee at the same time. That's multi-tasking, right?"

Great, big, joyful, boomer hugs at ya!

Danita
quick writer

#60698 - 10/13/05 12:06 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You women are nuts. And I love it. I've never heard ROTFLPMP. Danita, you must have teens!

#60699 - 10/13/05 12:17 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I noticed no one mentioned watching "Desperate Housewives"...am I the only one who's hooked??
(Or the only one brave ebough to admit it?) [Razz]

#60700 - 10/13/05 12:48 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I'll admit it. I love Desperate Housewives and Gilmore Girls. Those are my 2 shows.

#60701 - 10/13/05 12:54 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I AM the woman they wrote the show about!(desperate housewives - and don't EVEN think about asking which one is me!!!!!!)

"buluah give me another grape" (mae west)

Of course it is awesome!

Danita
quick writer

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved