The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#60672 - 10/12/05 12:12 AM Anybody sick of...?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of:

Jared, the Subway guy?
Commercials about E.D.?
Donald Trump's hair?
Reality shows?
Shows about lawyers and doctors where all they do is talk about sex?
News shows where the guests just argue with each other and no one listens to the other?

And this has nothing to do with TV, but have any of you ever gotten your feathers ruffled by teachers who always send home these newsletters (unsolicited) that tell us how to be better parents? I have been tempted many times, to find something geared towards teachers, telling them how they can do a better job. I think they may get offended.

#60673 - 10/12/05 12:21 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Here's a secret about me....

"ssshhhhhhhhhh"....I'm a reality show junky. Don't ask me why, guess I don't have enough drama in my life! LOL I also do like Dr Phil, and sometimes watch Oprah.

Other then that, I don't watch alot of t.v. I'm too busy making my first million! (or chatting on boomer women speak!)

Danita

[ October 11, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#60674 - 10/12/05 12:34 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Bluebird Offline

It's not even some of the shows themselves, but there's just so many of them!! But don't worry, your secret is safe with me....

#60675 - 10/12/05 12:48 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh no Danita! What are we going to do with you?

#60676 - 10/12/05 01:13 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Bluebird Offline

I didn't tell her, I swear!!!

#60677 - 10/12/05 01:57 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Who's Jared the Subway guy? and what is E.D.? Do I live in a cave? What did I miss? I like to watch Oprah and Dr. Phil, but that's just me. I don't get to see either one very often, but enjoy it when I do.

I've never been able to figure out why Donald Thrump can have so much money and influence, yet he can't find a descent barber.

Reality shows I don't like (Survivors, Joe Millionaire, etc.) and I mean I REALLY don't like these. But then again, that's just me.

I'm with you on the news shows where all they do is argue, one trying to out-scream the other. Nerve racking and nothing ever gets said/done.

If I'm going to watch TV, I love mysteries and old movies. Sometimes, cooking shows like Iron Chef. As long as you don't make me watch that girl, what's her name? Rachel or something?

That about sums it up. Oh wait... I like the Curb Appeal show on HGTV...love that!

JJ

#60678 - 10/12/05 02:01 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Well, bb- I'm really not sick of all the tv stuff cause I just put the tv on for noise and pay no mind- I can also have the stereo on and ALLLL the lights and this drives the frugal husband nuts
But- I remember those be a good parent newsletters. I think I was a bit of a nutty mother- let the boys do what they wanted as long as it didn't hurt them or others - or cost me mega bucks in damages- this was OK when we lived in a bigger, more diverse city but when we moved to Lancaster PA- a bit of an uptight world I was bad mom personified! The one phone call I got put an end to that- seems the guidance counselor thought if my sons would dress more like their costudents and not be so ready to spout what was no doubt their liberalmother's misguided views they would get on better
Well- I let loose- told her the goal of education was knowledge and to open minds and accept that the world was not all like this corner of it so, no I did not want my children to conform
They never called again- my kids did fine- graduated up there in their classes and fled this county post haste and I am ranting and raving over something that happened years ago- hot flash alert! [Roll Eyes]

#60679 - 10/12/05 02:06 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Bluebird Offline

JJ, Jared is the tall geeky guy with glasses that does the commercials for Subway sandwiches. He's been their spokesperson for years and I realized recently that I'm so sick of him (the sandwiches are good, though.)
E.D. is erectile dysfunction and they have the most obnoxious commercials for the meds.
Donald's hair just goes to show you can't buy class!
You don't love Rachael Ray??? I think she is so expressive and adorable! And I hate the Iron Chef! Different strokes for different folks!!

#60680 - 10/12/05 02:17 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
My favorite reality t.v. shows are:

#1. Survivor - would cut off my right arm before missing it.

#2. Extreme Home make overs! Good for the soul!

#3. Extreme Make overs (helps me to know that beauty CAN be bought! (and when I'm rich, I can buy it too if I chose! rotfl))

#4. The surreal life - horrible but compelling.

I loove what not to wear - I have learned so much from that show on "What I should wear"..

Clean sweep - has affirmed my position on not having to much junk in the house!

I can NOT watch the kissy, smootchy "bachelor" type shows. Ugh. I'm 40 and I still can't stand to see people in a lip lock on t.v.

Isn't it funny how we all have different tastes.

danita

#60681 - 10/12/05 04:10 AM Re: Anybody sick of...?
Sunrise Offline

Loc: Northern California
Would't it fun to see a reality show of Donald Trump get a hair makeover?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved