The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#60472 - 08/28/05 03:26 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!

#60473 - 08/29/05 08:40 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
It looks like many of us have longer hair. My hair has almost always been long and whenever I get it cut shorter, I hate it on me. I like shorter hair on other people, but I have a lot of hair, but it's fine and just lays flat. It's a little wavy, but I wear it straight when it's not too humid.

I also sometimes wonder if I'm too old to wear my hair long. I also wonder if I'm too old to have Led Zeppelin blasting in my car. Then I think.....NO WAY!
Daisygirl

#60474 - 08/30/05 12:12 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Fifty

I hope you are well...sometimes when we change our hair it can help lift our spirits, sort of refresh us. Many times it's a great thing to look different only so we don't reassociate with the past...when you see a new you, you see a new future but most of all it's important to just be at peace with oneself and see change as fun.

With love
Leigha

#60475 - 08/30/05 12:19 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
leigha Offline

With regard to hair.....

In the nineties, I had my hair chopped off like a marine's haircut , only a little bit longer. Chopped off my entire past. Bad marriage, terror of dying from poisoning. For twenty years it had been long, down my back almost to the waist and a golden brown.

Seven years later after the chop, I went back to blonde and now it's down my back, somewhat layered and wild, like a free spirit.

It's important to feel who you are...in that knowing your appearance will reflect the beauty within. HOW WE LOOK....is really about how we feel. So feel beautiful ladies...that's all that's important.

How others see us....that's just what we've been taught that's important. What's more important is how we see us.

So grab your mirrors ladies and enjoy you. Play ...that is what life is truly about, creating joy and running with it!

With love
Leigha

#60476 - 08/30/05 12:29 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
leigha Offline

Dear Daisygirl

Led Zeppelin! How about David Bowie!...Jim Morrison!...Hendrix! Genesis! Mick Jagger and the Stones! Wow!

Music is the life of the soul...moving through us like the wind and the memories...the freedom of spirit...never ends...so why should the music end or the hair be cut short?

You're a woman after my own heart Daisygirl! A free spirit...it never ends...the music, the freedom to be who you are!

Does the soul age, does the spirit age?..No..it just gets beaten down by boxed attitudes and other people's opinions and oppressive behaviour, if we let it!

Born to be wild! The spirit free as the heart, soaring like the eagle...Zeppelin, Bowie, Hendrix, Morrison the Stones and countless others. They all knew...their music spoke to the spirit, to freedom, to the breaking of perceptions in little boxes.

The gift of life to express who we are without fear of castigation or rejection, the strength to be the beautiful essence that chooses to express itself freely. Now that's power!

With love
Leigha

#60477 - 08/30/05 12:32 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
leigha Offline

Dear Dianne

Hope you are all right! Pamper yourself Dianne...have some fun. Having a fall just represents being out of balance momentarily! And wow...hold onto that long hair Dianne, sounds great! What's wrong with hippies...love and peace!

With love
Leigha

#60478 - 08/30/05 12:52 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm slowly recovering but still very bruised and my daughter is still laughing out loud about my dive down the driveway and ending up in a bush. She's telling all of her friends. I've got to attend a wedding in MN next week so I hope the bruises are gone by then. I can't wear a dress or skirt my knee is so gross looking. Takes the body longer to heal as we age.

Nothing wrong with hippies!

#60479 - 08/30/05 06:16 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
leigha Offline

Dear Dianne

Arnica cream helps the body heal. My naturopathic doctor says it's great for sports remedies, bruises, etc. Vitamin c is great too for repair.

You can also take the homeopathic remedy for shock, but make sure you get the arnica that can be taken internally, if you're interested. But only take about 5 or 6 drops. The bottles usually say 14 drops...You have to be careful taking arnica internally because too much can really mess you up. It's best to see a naturopath so you can know how sensitive you are.
Enjoy the wedding Dianne!

With love
Leigha

#60480 - 08/31/05 11:56 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Ask Dutchy Offline

Loc: Rochester , Washington
Hair style is something I can't explain.

I hate going to any salon now days, you never know who is going to cut your hair.

I have always had this standing rule, if I don't like the hair of the person who is walking out of the salon, I don't let that hairdresser cut my hair! I am very firm in regards to this rule!

Unfortunatly I have never had the guts to carry my rule out. Two weeks ago a lady walked out of the salon, I thought well...her hair isn't too bad. So I got my hair cut....THE EXACT SAME WAY!!! Only I am pretty sure I described something that looked much different.

I was told that I could wear my hair a number of different ways. Reality, I can wear it one way. And I hate it. And the only good thing about the ladies hair that walked out as I was coming in......was that she was blind and will not be able to see how it looks. [Smile]

#60481 - 08/31/05 06:27 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by leigha:
With regard to hair.....It's important to feel who you are...in that knowing your appearance will reflect the beauty within. HOW WE LOOK....is really about how we feel. So feel beautiful ladies...that's all that's important.

So grab your mirrors ladies and enjoy you. Play ...that is what life is truly about, creating joy and running with it!

Leigha, I had missed this. I avoided this thread altogether precisely because of my lifelong battle with my hair. It's wild. And about as rumpled and unmanageable as I usually feel my mind and spirit are! It's useless to even try to tame the hair...the more I try, the worse it looks. And your words made me think about how it seems to be the same with my mind and spirit...the more I try to tame them, the more un-me I feel I become!

Leigha, I really like your posts; this one in particular really spoke to me. It won't make much difference with my hair (only my hairdresser seems to be able to do that), but I like the idea of playing with who I am...playing with this wild mind and spirit, creating joy within who I truly am, rather than constantly trying to battle against the wind in futile attempts to tame it.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved