The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#60563 - 10/15/07 02:51 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: TVC15]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
I'm growing my hair long again, for the heck of it...I want it down to my waist and wear it in a plait! My mother-in-law was horrified at my plans and said "you'll soon tire of that idea". I'm more determined than ever now! My mother-in-law is a gem of a lady but always speaks her mind. We get along great though! I have very soft straight hair which has thinned a little in the last few years but I think long hair on middle-aged women looks great...and a little rebellious! My mum is the same..."why should I cut my hair short because it's expected of me?" YAY for individuality!

#60564 - 10/16/07 02:37 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Countrygirl]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Recently I cut my hair shorter than it's been in a long time. Every time I had it shorter, I ended up not liking it and now I know why. Most hair stylists don't know how to cut hair that is uneven. I found a one who has very curly hair and she understands it.

I've always thought I'd eventually end up with long hair pulled up when I got older, but I do like it shorter. However, I do miss pulling it up in a pony tail with a baseball hat when I have a bad hair day. That's one thing good about long hair.

I found this stylist at naturallycurly.com.

laurapoplin.com

#60565 - 10/16/07 03:05 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Daisygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
countrygirl, I love your spirit.

Anne, what a sense of humor!

daisy, I can't beleive there's a Web site by that name. That is wild. So you found her online and she's in yrou area. That is so cool!

I just finihed reading Going Gray, by Anne Kreamer. It is an incdredibly good read. You must check it out at www.Amazon.com.

#60566 - 12/04/07 11:10 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Well Dotsie, I decided to chop off my hair a couple of months ago. It was burning me up all the time. The only relief was to put it up, but it was so heavy, it was giving me headaches.

Countrygirl, it took me two years to grow my hair long. I had it short for ten years because of the convenience, but I decided to challenge myself, and it was something I had complete control of.

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved