The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#60542 - 04/22/07 10:21 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Waa!!!!! I got a notice in my mail yesterday that my hairdresser (who has been doing my hair FOREVER) is moving from the salon she's in to a private salon. In a neighboring city! It's a good 30 - 45 minute drive from me. And,

I have Social Anxiety Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder. This does not help me cope!

I can't even imagine myself driving to a strange place. Just thinking about it causes me to panic.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#60543 - 04/22/07 11:04 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I don't know how to post a photo..I'm electronically challenged. If someone will instruct me, I'd be happy to post a pic.

#60544 - 04/23/07 04:56 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rick and June or Georgia can help.

Vicki you change, or are you going to follow?

#60545 - 04/23/07 10:49 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am meeting gorgeous Danita on Friday at a really neat place she has never seen before, and I am going to get my hair done on Wednesday so I look presentable, LOL!! Not really but it is long overdue. Since wearing it really short, when it starts to grow it drives me nuts. I've been thinking of frosting it, the chemical never touches the scalp....

Edited by chatty lady (04/23/07 10:50 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#60546 - 04/23/07 11:51 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
My hair is naturally mousy brown baby fine but thick. I have a serious oil problem so I have to wash my hair a lot.

I don't like to wear my hair too short. It grows very fast. I usually just wear it in a ponytail or bun, but sometimes fix it.

As far as pictures, just look to your left. That's from last summer.

Laurel

#60547 - 04/25/07 03:59 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: Laurel]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Fine thin hair here too

I was going to take it to a salon (which I do every 2 years. I do the rest myself) but ran out of time to cut so picked up my scissors again.

Today's do: short on the sides, sort of k.d. lang, a little longer on top, and a pony tail, now 1/3 down my back. And the omnipresent blunt cut bangs.

Poet and essayist

#60548 - 04/25/07 09:50 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i ahve two cuts sort in summer longer in winter, but it dosent get too far past my ears...

i cant decide on a style and it changies so much, depends on what i feel like, what the fashion is if i want to go with the fashion or go agenst it...

i have to have it reallie short or couler it...due to the gray white bits....hay natural blond lol..

coulers dark red, to blond to wayyy to blond lol...

i due a cut....and its getting warmer it be this one or the next that i get summer cut done....time to go look for the mags...

the fashion when i was pregnant heer was a mohicine TYPE style well long mochicane but the full top of the head..and it was a deep red but red...i got so much stick FOR being pregnant with hair like that...

i just cut it up from halfway down my backi grow it for a joke....it was a long laugh lol

#60549 - 04/25/07 04:38 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: celtic_flame]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I have natural curly hair. I think my hair looks different in a curly sorta way everyday. It has a mind of it's own! I use to fight my hair all the time, but no more. My hair finally wore me down.

#60550 - 08/30/07 04:22 PM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: TVC15]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
My hair has driven me nuts for eons! It's baby fine although my hairdresser says I have plenty of it...hmm. I can't wear it long because it's stringy and unattractive (I am sooooo envious of those that can grow out their hair!) It's not short but not near my shoulders really. The interesting thing is that I was a redhead as a kid. As soon as my Mom would let me color it (oh how I begged), I went blonde and stayed that way until 3 years ago. I was having a terrible time keeping it blonde because within no time it would get very reddish and yucky. Finally my hairdresser asked, "have you ever thought of making peace with your red hair?" Because I felt I was getting a little old for my previous color and it was doing nothing for my skin tone, I let her have her way. Now I'm okay with it as long as I keep the roots touched up....they're showing some silver and gray!

#60551 - 08/31/07 11:05 AM Re: Hairstyles for Boomer Women [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ah roots, I just had that taken care of too.

ladyjane, I wonder why we can't see your photo, then we could see your natural color hair.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved