The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60352 - 07/10/05 07:50 AM Stumbly Bumbly
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Okay...on a scale of world ills, mine isn't so great but it's all I've got to complain about right now so here goes.

I've had two bad falls in the last two weeks. Both due to silly reasons and not something dreadfully medically wrong...at least I don't think there's anything dreadfully medically wrong.

Two weeks ago I was standing on the back porch, scraping the bottom of my boot against the porch step, got a wee bit overbalanced in the wrong direction and plummeted into a pile of bricks. Ahem...we keep the bricks piled up at the back porch as yard art. I mean, they *are* slave made bricks and all...

Then, a week ago today I went to the barn to feed the animals and as I'm putting foot to ground, I hear this SCREAM of some pain but mostly anticipated pain. A kitten had run underneath my foot and I JERKED my legs someplace and found myself stretched full out on the ground. I hit my right shin bone on a rock the size of a half brick and now am bruised from above the knee to the bottom of my foot. The bruise also encircles my leg *and* there's a goose egg knot on my shin bone. It looks like I've been in a car wreck.

It hurts like the dickens...then and now...it looks dreadful and I'm gimping around like Walter Brennon feeling sorry for myself, crying pitifully and looking simply awful when I do cry. It's just not a pretty picture, Boomer Sibs.

That's not the worst of it though. The worst of it is when I do fall, I get SO jostled! I mean, it feels like my brains slosh around in this pin ball machine I call a head, my blood skips and jumps, my breath feels like someone is trying to steal it every time I inhale.

I don't mind growing older but I am minding just something awful this falling apart business.

I haven't been to Curves in two weeks and am hoping to be recovered enough to go this coming week. I dunno though...right now I wouldn't go if Tom Selleck carried me.

#60353 - 07/10/05 04:33 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sorry for the mishaps and hope this is in the past. Falling at any aged is no fun but as we age it can be a disaster so be careful lady. Maybe your balance is off a bit... [Eek!]

#60354 - 07/10/05 06:05 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
"I dunno though...right now I wouldn't go if Tom Selleck carried me."

Oh, Thistle, I have to say, as much pain as you're in (and it does sound mighty painful), don't you think that refusing to let Tom Selleck carry you anywhere would be adding salt to the wounds?! I'd at least let him try! Just the thought of those eyes caressing me with concern...now that makes me want to fall apart, right into his arms.

#60355 - 07/10/05 06:36 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I say being in Tom's arms might really speed up your healing.

If he comes by and you don't want him to carry you inside, just send him on out my way. I would consider faking a fall, just to get those big arms around me.

I said a prayer for you this morning. Hope you heal well and soon.
smile
P.S. When we drove the backroads of VA on our way to D.C. I wondered if every goat I saw was yours.
smile

#60356 - 07/11/05 07:05 AM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Chatty, you dear old thing...of COURSE my balance is off and more than just a bit! Think back a bit...didn't you feel the earth move a week ago early Sat a.m.? That's when I fell...

Okay, okay....so maybe I spoke too soon about Tom and being carried and all that. How good *is* his back???

Smile...what backroads? If you came even a little close and didn't stop...you are in a *world* of trouble!

Eagle...like your quote...

Also, we can either be the candle or the mirror that reflects the candles light...

#60357 - 07/11/05 02:15 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dear old thing, so thats what I have been reduced to. Well!!!!! [Eek!]

#60358 - 07/11/05 08:23 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Must be a typo.
smile

#60359 - 07/11/05 08:59 PM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hope you're feeling better soon Thisle.

I had something dumb happen to me the other day. I was on the phone and reached down to pick something up and lost my balance. I fell quietly and didn't think a thing of it until later that night, my knee was killing me. I looked and sure enough I had a big bruise there. My hubby asked what happened and I couldn't for the life of me remember falling until about an hour later. I'm telling you this old age stuff really sucks! [Roll Eyes]

[ July 11, 2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

#60360 - 07/13/05 11:04 AM Re: Stumbly Bumbly
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Don't do any leg exercises until you're completely healed, because you can compound the injuries.

Sorry for your pain and hope you feel better soon.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved