The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60205 - 04/05/05 06:40 AM SSI update
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
Today was a monday indeed. I called Social security. This was just to get an address so I send a request for them to move my case up sooner. As of now it wasn't going to be looked at until September or Octomber. Now who knows when it will be looked at.

Any way when I called they gave me another number because my files were sent to Boston. So I called Boston to talk to someone. They said my files were now rerouted to N.H . and to check back in a week or so to see where I stand.

So now not only am I still in the dark with my case that may never see the light of day , but my file is getting fequent flier miles. When I finished talking to the person was hot. And ready to write something about the run around I am getting. A friend said it wont do any good because no body would care because most of them are ahead of me anyway.

'So writing about it and by chance getting it out to the people might be shooting off my foot.' Was her last comment to me.
I just laughed , "maybe shooting myself in the foot might get me approved, hehe, just kidding i like my feet. lol But it has made me upset and ready to write a segment named turning struggles into strengths. Social security snafu's. She then told me to find a way to write with passion but not anger.

Well I'm through whining , i now have cheese and am happy for the time being ,,,

Talk to you all later

#60206 - 04/05/05 09:47 AM Re: SSI update
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Debi,
I don't know your case, but I have dealt with very ill people attempting to get SS disability. No matter how much they deserve it and no matter how many forms they fill out and how long they wait, they never seem to get it until they get one of the attorneys who specialize in Social Security Law.
I think it's a shame and it seems like some kind of scam, but it just seems to happen that way.

Don't let anyone in the government intimidate you. You are a tax payer and you pay their salaries. They should remember that. And if you report them to your elected representative you can cause them a lot of trouble. They should remember that too.

I will say a prayer for your success and prosperity.
smile

#60207 - 04/06/05 07:54 AM Re: SSI update
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Debi,
Have you checked SSA web site . I can help there . For SSI also. I can give that too you. Let me know.

#60208 - 09/08/05 04:32 AM Re: SSI update
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
My mother had to hire a lawyer to get her benefits from SS many years ago. No matter how many doctors she saw--and how many notes/letters-it went round & round in circles!!!

My grandmother...they had her birthday WRONG as long as she has been getting SS!!!! Not one person picked up on it till they merged information!!! Getting the date changed was another story!!! And they of course didn't process my being able to speak on her behalf. They do not acknowledge POA!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved