The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60059 - 12/11/04 05:51 AM Re: Am I a horrible person?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The poor kid is so homesick. She misses her mom a lot. I feel sorry for her. She's so sad after her nightly phone call.

My FIL is a very stubborn man and when he gets something in his head, he has tunnel vision and nothing else matters. He doesn't even see how homesick his granddaughter is.

He wants a computer, he wants to buy it here, so my husband can install stuff on it, then he can take it back with him and he's not leaving until he does. That's that. Ugh! We've been to Best Buy twice in 2 days, but he hasn't purchased a computer yet. I THINK, (I won't say assume) that he'll purchase one tomorrow. FIL is waiting on the next shipment (tonight) into Best Buy. If the computer he wants isn't on the shipment then he'll buy the next model up.

Have you ever heard of someone doing such a thing? I haven't. It amazes me every time he comes to visit that he brings his computers .. yes, I said computers ... two.. with him and just expects my husband to work on them for him the whole time he is down here. And, it's not simple work either. They're bad. Totally screwed up. So bad this time, my husband won't even work on them. (But this was after a week of trying to fix them) He told him to pitch them and buy a new computer.

No, he doesn't follow us into bed .. so we have some alone time there, but it's not much. And, how alone can you really feel when you know you have other people in the house, eh?

It wouldn't be so bad if I went to work everyday and had some change ... but I work at home and my entire routine has been interrupted for the last 12 days.

I realize I'm ranting now and I appreciate the forum to do so.

My husband and I are both of the same mind and hubby will talk to him tomorrow.

#60060 - 12/11/04 06:25 PM Re: Am I a horrible person?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thank goodness there is no drinking involved here.

Just a lot of inconsideration.

#60061 - 12/12/04 05:55 PM Re: Am I a horrible person?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

happy days... our houseguests left early this morning.

Finally.

Hubby had a talk with his father and convinced him that waiting for his computer was not a good idea. They ordered it online and had it shipped to FIL's address. Hubby then burned all the program install CD's he'd need and gave them to FIL with instructions on how to install.

Thank you to everyone for letting me whine and complain on here. It really helped me to vent constructively without blowing up at home.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved