The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60035 - 12/07/04 07:51 PM it's all good!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I noticed no one has posted in this forum in a couple weeks. I'm guessing we have nothing to whine about! Yippee....

#60036 - 12/08/04 08:49 AM Re: it's all good!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
don't be so hasty...I'll be back in a bit with a whine...

JJ

#60037 - 12/08/04 12:55 AM Re: it's all good!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
How about this: ??

This past weekend it rained on both of my outdoor craft shows. Almost no customers braved the 45-degree cold and constant rain. Saturday my booth was set up on sparse grass which quickly turned to sloshy mud. Mud covering my sneakers. Mud splashed up my pants legs. Mud so obviously horrible that customers didn't want to go in the booth (I do have a canopy and the booth was dry if you stood dead center [Roll Eyes] ) so they'd say "can I see that necklace in the third row?" and I ferried it to them. Did I mention that I was there all day and it was freezing?

Sunday rain all day again, but at least I was on concrete. I also learned from Saturday (which wasn't "supposed" to rain) and wore big old ugly boots. Breezy though, so rain was blowing into the booth. Did I mention that it was freezing?

And plus, this is when my income for the next three months supposedly comes in.

I think this qualifies as a whine.

#60038 - 12/08/04 02:52 AM Re: it's all good!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dam Meredith why not just plan to drive up here for the annual huge Crafters Show, inside (warm and cozy) the auditorium at Cashman field. It's for an entire week-end and thousands of visitors from all over the world are here to walk through and buy their Christmas gifts. Thats all some of these crafters/vendors do in the winter months for money. Your beautiful and unique jewelry would be a big hit and if you didn't mind the sofa you could stay with me. There's security and the place is locked up tight at night to protect your goods. You may want to look into it for next year....Oh and I'm sending that box out to you on the 20th. of Dec. [Cool]

#60039 - 12/09/04 12:25 AM Re: it's all good!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, that works as a whine! Why is it that most craft shows are outside?

#60040 - 12/09/04 02:43 AM Re: it's all good!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, is that the one the first weekend in November? I know about that, but the date is the same as a local fine arts center (indoors!) where I do really well. If it's a different one, send me any info you might have. I appreciate the couch offer!

...and to continue the whine:

Monday and Tuesday, tarp walls hanging over the upstairs bannister to dry, sweaters pants and socks hanging in every shower to dry, hand-dried non-hangable display stuff, etc. Plus I have to redo one of my 3x4' display cloths because there's a huge water stain -- all the jewelry is pinned to cloths, and this should be at least 7 hours work (tomorrow...)

Dotsie, the reason is MONEY. Nice display halls charge $$$$ to the promotor to hold the show, which is of course passed on to the crafter. All that security, lighting etc. adds up. The early November show at Cashman is ~$500 for 3 days, which means the artist has to take in a lot just to break even. I'll go if the show is recommended by other crafters. I also subscribe to a magazine which has crafter reviews.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved