The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59944 - 09/30/04 03:25 PM and another one bites the dust...
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
remember that tune?

and another one. and another one. and another one bites the dust....

okay gallows humor. we buried another one this week. we're up to either an even dozen or a baker's dozen this week ---I actually don't know because I actually refuse to count. That's since April 1. Remember our friend George, the Russian Orthadox Minister? He died first and has since been followed by wwwwwaaaaayyyyy too many friends and relatives.

I think I'm beyond caring. I'm simply numb. Too stressed. Too much to do. Too much overload. My 91 year old mother in law lives w/us and continues to decline. She needs to go visit her daughter for a while as she's been here for almost 2 years. She needs a break. I need a break. Dave needs a break. We're all going to break if we don't get one soon.

There's nothing anyone, other than Carol, the daughter, can do. The carrot in front of my nose is my mil going to Carols for a visit. Please pray that will be no later than the end of October.

Probably I shouldn't write about this in a public place. Just goes to show you how desperate I am and the situation is.

#59945 - 09/30/04 04:37 PM Re: and another one bites the dust...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How sad for you all. One would be bad enough but to lose so many all so close together must be just terrible. All anyone can do is pray for you and hope you do get away and get some much needed relief soon. Take care of yourselves and each other...

#59946 - 09/30/04 04:39 PM Re: and another one bites the dust...
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm so sorry, will be praying that things start looking up for you and yours.

#59947 - 09/30/04 08:16 PM Re: and another one bites the dust...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too join the circle of prayer that Ms Carol reaches out and gets her Mom for a visit. At 91, Carol needs to have her visit often me thinks!

Our prayers go with you Thistle.

JJ

#59948 - 10/01/04 01:52 AM Re: and another one bites the dust...
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
I hope your MIL gets to spend time with her daughter. Having to deal with grief on top of caregiving is beyond stressful. Love to you (and definitely prayers also)!
Lala

#59949 - 10/01/04 04:41 AM Re: and another one bites the dust...

Well Boomer Sibs - that's why I put my death and dying note on the whine forum. I figure you all have heard plenty from me on the subject and by now it's just another whine and I like blue cheese.

Thank you muchly for your good thoughts, prayers, good wishes, etc. I'm not sure I've dealt with the grief...haven't had time. If this dam ever breaks I'll spend some serious time rubbing velvet and looking thru bars <g>.

In all seriousness. Thank you. The prayers of friends and family are keeping me going. That and lots of ice cream.

#59950 - 10/04/04 03:25 AM Re: and another one bites the dust...
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thistle Cove Farm,
So sorry about all your sadness. I thought about you today when we sang My Faith Looks up to Thee.
At least I think that was the one. The third verse deals with grief and your name came to mind.
Maggie

#59951 - 10/05/04 06:15 PM Re: and another one bites the dust...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, any news about your MIL visiting her daughter so you can have a respite? We're praying so.

#59952 - 10/09/04 06:51 PM Re: and another one bites the dust...

Dots, that would be hedoublehockeysticks NO.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved