The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59909 - 08/25/04 03:27 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Don't be upset Sher, writer's rule, not monkeys. [Mad]

You keep right on writing [Smile]

Louisa

#59910 - 08/26/04 02:09 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Dear Ladies,

My name is Tanner. I'm Sher's adorable Yorkie.

She is still on a writing strike, but I wanted to thank you all for your encouragement and offers to rough up those evil rejection letter sending monkey people.

I'm sure she'll be better soon, but currently she is holed up in a corner with chocolate all over her mouth muttering something about number two pencils and an editor's nose.

The cat and I leave her alone entirely and the people in the house only go near her if they first show her the Betty Crocker frosting tub. Every time she threatens to disassemble her computer, Mr. Man. distracts her briefly with something shiny and she goes right back to her corner.

I'm worried if she doesn't pull out of this soon, she's going to weigh approximately 400 pounds and do nothing but sit around the house reading old copies of "True Story" magazine.

If she ever shows up here again, please don't mention that I can write. I don't think Mr. Man could find a tub of frosting big enough to fix that.

Regards,
Tanner
aka "Sweet BaBoo"

#59911 - 08/26/04 05:24 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Tanner or Sweet whichever you prefer, wanted to welcome you to the smarter half of the Boomer group we animals. I'm Reeta and my sister is Rosee, we to are Yorkshire Terriers but there are many of us of all different breeds and we even have cats in the group but the most famous of us with our humans seems to be some silly bird named Sammie. She can sing opera and talk and our mom just melts over her antics. Well excuse me but does she have a pedigree or has she won any dog shows, I think not. Anyhow be very careful because you're mom will probably fall for her too....

#59913 - 09/06/04 11:41 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Thank you, ladies. I appreciate your encouragement.

#59914 - 09/11/04 08:10 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

I wrote this morning. It's not my best work, but it felt good anyway. I'm hoping I can actually get more out this weekend.

Whew..... maybe the long, dark "writers blockedness" brought on by intense meanness on the part of an evil three-horned editor is finally over. [Razz]

#59915 - 09/11/04 09:17 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, great to hear it. What did you write about?

#59916 - 09/11/04 11:02 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Fun with Rejection can be found at
Rejection Collection [Big Grin]

#59918 - 09/12/04 12:29 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
well Sher? You fan club awaits! What did you write? And by the way, how is the conference going for you all? You need to tell everyone here about it too.

Hugs,

JJ

#59919 - 09/18/04 03:56 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Dear Monkey - don't you have some organs you can donate? I mean, other than a heard which you, obviously, don't have.

Dear Sher - dltbgyd. it starts out thusly: don't let the _____________________...

Frosting is a Good Thing, especially when it's chocolate!

#59920 - 09/18/04 04:00 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Dear Monkey - so I don't spell check. Sue me. I meant, you don't have a heart...it's a HEART you don't have.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved