The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#59921 - 09/18/04 04:17 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
LOL! Danged old rejection letter monkey anyway.

Jaw-Jaw, I've decided I'm limiting myself too much in my writing. I got to a point in my life where I decided I'd never write another serious word... no matter what. I'm discovering that's quite impossible. I can't define myself as a writer as just one thing, so I'm letting it all flow and I feel much better.

That sounded corny, didn't it???

I've added just a couple of my more serious works on my website, being careful to leave the super heavy stuff buried somewhere in my computer, never to see the light of day. One that I was blessed to write was a review of The Passion of The Christ and I've added it to the site.

I figure from now on I'll just write what I need to write and let the frosting cans fall where they may.

#59922 - 09/18/04 04:44 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay, this whole post is scaring me. I've been praying for guidance this week, heavier than usual. Yesterday, on a whim, I stopped by the local video store to rent some movies. I got The Passion of Christ. It was a last minute decision. I of course watched it first, cried and apologized over and over to God for us. Then...this morning, an editor of a new magazine with whom I've had some dialogue, called me and wants me to write an article for a January issue on a very famous evangelist....NOW...you are talking about a review you wrote on The Passion...

I'm thinking, "okay Lord...I hear ya!" Prayers answered...signs are given.

JJ

#59923 - 09/18/04 04:59 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sher,
I just finished reading your review. Once again I cried. You said it for me. I thank you for writing this.

JJ

#59924 - 09/18/04 05:54 PM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sher,
your review is so powerful that it gave me goosebumps. I am one of the few people who haven't seen this movie yet, but now I intend to go get myself a copy today!

#59925 - 09/19/04 02:55 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Ya'll really blessed my heart with your kind words.

I saw the film the day it opened here in my little corner of Kansas. As I had no concept of how powerful it would be, I promised prior to seeing it to go the very next night with a friend of mine that didn't want to go alone.

So, I saw it two nights in a row. I could barely have a conversation for about a week after.

The difference in the first time I saw it and the second? The second time, it was all I could do to stay in my seat at the end. I wanted to jump up and down and scream, "Yes! We win!" I was overcome with a feeling of victory.

#59926 - 09/19/04 03:58 AM Re: A little tantrum thrown by a forty-year-old woman.
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Powerful review, Sher.

Extremely powerful.

JJ - do as you're told girfren. take a deeeeep breath and just do it. if you need me, I'm here.

<><

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved