The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59719 - 03/10/04 02:12 AM packaging-impaired
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
No matter what the material -- plastic wrap, pop-tops, pull tabs, push-ins, whatever -- I have never met a package that I couldn't thoroughly destroy by trying to open it.

Does anyone else have this problem? It was brought home again the other day when I had my latest migraine. Not only did I destroy the package, but I still couldn't open it.

This from a woman who uses her hands to create small jewelry, paint, etc.. I just can't manage packaging. [Frown]

#59720 - 03/10/04 02:37 AM Re: packaging-impaired
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to laugh reading your predicament. Last night trying,you'll notice I say "trying" to open a quart of soymilk. I pulled the little round tab which is attached to the plastic piece which closes the opening the milk flows out of and POP, the ring came off leaving the plastic piece in place still closing the opening the milk flows out of. How many times has this occured, as many times as I have tried to open somde container of something BUT mostly the milk. So sorry for your dilema but happy to know I'm not just a clutz... [Roll Eyes]

#59721 - 03/10/04 11:20 AM Re: packaging-impaired
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Yeah I did that one too (add to the list... [Roll Eyes] ) The other messiest is pulling the tab off the sardine can without getting the can open. Then you have to jamb in a can opener and get sardine oil over everything.

Sometimes if I'm with friends and dealing with any foods with packaging, they just grab it from me and open it before I make a big mess. [Embarrassed] Nice to know they have so much confidence...

#59722 - 03/14/04 07:44 AM Re: packaging-impaired
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Okay......I was trying to catch up on several days off the board....and I just thought I'd add a thought....sometimes I have a problem opening stuff and I have to breathe.....and then if it starts to really start to get to me... I think of the psychology of the packaging. Those little ring goodies, the ones that are on the coffee creamers and such... with the pull tabs... well, even if the pull tabk comes off, the part it was supposed to yank off is only attached by a thin membrance of plastic (otherwise it wouldn't be able to yank it out) so just get a little sharp tip of a knife or skewer o even a sharp toothpick and poke it and either shove it most of the way in or pull it out. The sardine/spam (who else makes these weird-o dangerous cans?) the same thing.... you KNOW you have to keep that sharp ribbon thread of metal rolling nicely or else..you're toast.....better yet....don't eat that stuff.....those cans are scary and I don't know if that stuff is good for you anyway... well, maybe the sardines are.
What I really hate (now this is turning into a "peeve"...is the cardboard milk cartons that instead of poking out, they squash under your hand... I always think I've got it......and then one comes along that messes with my confidence......

......Okay....so I'm no help.....it was just a thought.

Kate [Razz]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved