The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59678 - 03/04/04 12:24 AM Heres a whine and pet peeve...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
On the 29th of February a woman I know stopped by with her 4 year old grandson. I have a diamond and ruby cross for sale she wanted to look at. The child had a bad cold, coughing and sneezing all over the place. Before she left she said to the little germ carrier, "give Auntie a big kiss." I am neither related to or inamored by this child who grabbed me and gave me a rather messy, slobbery, snotty nosed kiss. Ladies, I love children BUT this child should have been home in bed, what was she thinking? Since Monday, March 1st. I have been sick, coughing, fever, feeling gruesome in general and had to cancel an important interview with a dog fancier magazine as a feature writer. Just lovely!!! [Mad] Where has our humanity gone? Would you drag a sick child around and force it upon unsuspecting people in their own homes? God, I hope not [Frown] Needless to say this person is no longer a welcomed guest in my home and thanks to her I will probably be deemed unreliable by the magazine I've wanted to write for forever. [Confused] Think people, think before you act....WHINE!!! [Cool]

#59679 - 03/04/04 03:57 AM Re: Heres a whine and pet peeve...
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Wow! That would be upsetting. I hope things turn out okay with the magazine.

#59680 - 03/04/04 09:00 PM Re: Heres a whine and pet peeve...
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I can truly relate to this one. Several weeks ago I was in a store and when I came to the counter to check out one of the cashiers said to the other, " I feel so sick today."

Well, several days later I came down with a horrible cold that turned into brochitus and later into the beginning stages of pneumonia. I'm approaching my third week of this and I'm worn out, exhausted!

Add to this, neighbors below us who do everything loud--and late at night. There have been times I thought I would lose my mind! Can truly relate.

My writing projects were put on hold and my husband and I had to cancel several important meetings.

The one thought that keeps me going is, 'Every dog has its day!"

Feel much better...thank you for sharing.

#59681 - 03/05/04 11:07 AM Re: Heres a whine and pet peeve...
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
That's just gross. And people all over don't seem to think about it. I work in a newsroom, you would not believe the coughing and sneezing that goes on sometimes. And it just infuriates me because HELLOOOO, I don't want to be sick. I actually went home one day because everyone around me was hacking and sneezing and it was disgusting. I ended up catching their stupid cold but I stayed home for a day and got over it. I don't know why people think that it's no big deal to spread their germs about. Geeze. I hope you get a second whack at the magazine.

#59682 - 03/05/04 05:43 PM Re: Heres a whine and pet peeve...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
People coming to work sick is bad enough, but I am really peeved when people show up at social functions sick. I mean there is a possibility that the workplace might need them or they might not have sickleave, but they certainly don't have to be sneezing on my party food. And I've never seen so many sick people as there are on planes where the germ from around the world just circulate.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved