The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59541 - 10/01/03 04:19 PM snow
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
its snowing here today.....the first of October and snow already!!!! The kids are jumping up and down excited, yipee its snowing and I'm running around going "where the heck are the winter coats, boots, mitts, etc......." grrrr

Not that I hate snow, I just would have liked a little bit more "fall" first.....

#59542 - 10/01/03 05:16 PM Re: snow
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
zowie Batman! And people here are pulling out sweaters because we have had some 72 degree weather...go figure. Course...most of us are wusses down here when it comes to cold weather... [Big Grin]

#59543 - 10/01/03 08:19 PM Re: snow
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love this community. Just when we think we can whine about getting out the sweaters and putting away the flip-flops, someone in here changes my perspective...and today I find myself grateful it's not snowing yet! [Big Grin]

#59544 - 10/07/03 05:41 AM Re: snow
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Considering that there is already Christmas stuff appearing in teh stores, it might not betoo early to think about snow in our area!

#59545 - 10/08/03 02:33 PM Re: snow
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Seeing Christmas items in the stores makes me go, urgg! I am not one of those women who start months ahead with the shoping. I tried it and ended up spending more!

#59546 - 10/08/03 03:48 PM Re: snow
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I have a friend who buys her gifts by June each year and has them wrapped and labeled. She called me the other day to remind me of how she ALWAYS has to come help me untangle my Christmas lights before I can decorate my tree...I said "So? Your point?" She gets exsperated with me because I won't take two hours to wrap them back around the cardboard before storing them.

I am quick to point out that if I wasn't so domestically challenged, she would not get to spend an hour to two hours with me each year laughing, drinking hot chocolate, and traveling down memory lane while we untangle my mess. She just sighed...I love spending hours decorating a tree, but sister...when it comes to taking it down, I could set new Indy 500 records.

I mean, it's over, let's get on with it, ya know? [Razz]

#59547 - 10/08/03 04:08 PM Re: snow
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
On my dream list:

A large enough house, with huge closets, big enough to hold a fully decorated christmas tree that you just wheel out at the beginning of December and wheel back in there on New Year's Eve...................... [Wink]

#59548 - 10/08/03 05:39 PM Re: snow
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

But Evie,
Have you lost your mind? You would miss having hot chocolate and fighting over where one places the bulbs and tinsel, and looking for the one bulb that burned out and keeps all the other zillion lights from blinking. And miss stepping on and breaking the one ornament you were saving for your first grandchild but you can't curse so you make up curse words that don't sound dirty...but YOU know. And miss bribing your children with new cars in order to get them to sing sappy Christmas songs.

And you would give up all of this? What were you thinking girl!? [Wink]

#59549 - 10/09/03 06:45 PM Re: snow
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Christmas lights....hahaha....I can one up you JawJaw....this past winter, as you know, there were some crazy goings on at my house. And somehow the christmas lights outside never got taken off the trees. So while I was trimming the trees w/ an electric hedger this summer, I notice the oversight and voila....the perfect solution...I cut the suckers down along with the branches. No more pesky christmas lights to wrap around the papertowel tubes!

#59550 - 10/10/03 04:37 AM Re: snow
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I think it was the week after Labor Day, we were taking a walk and went past a house that -- I swear! -- had a Christmas tree up, right by the front window, with lights on and ornaments and everything else. Rushing the season, as my mom used to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved