The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59487 - 07/11/03 05:10 PM The latest...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here we go ladies...the place to whine with grace. Thanks to Kathryn who came up with the clever title, "A Very Fine Whine". She won a Friends Heal Friends t-shirt form the Gift Shop on this site for being so clever. [Big Grin]

I added the subtitle because I believe that is the spirit in which we whine in this forum, very gracefully! Ha!

I encourage any others in the community to make suggestions about the site or forums. Just email me and I am all ears. [Razz]

Maybe you will win a t-shirt too! [Wink]

Who is going to be the first whiner?

#59488 - 07/14/03 06:17 AM Re: The latest...
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Have any of you ever felt like picking up your computer and letting it fly across the room? This week I sure have but know better.
My husband who is taking senior computer classes did an upgrade on it and my kid and I couldn't get to any of our websites. We whined and growled not knowing what was wrong.
Yesterday I went to a Creative Memories Christmas in July and told one of my friends about it. She asked me have you shut it donw? No,
not this time I told her. I do when it says something about an illegal operation. She told me when you upgrade you always shut it down.
I came home shut it down and later started it up again. It was fun when our son yelled, Mom I can get into all the websites again!!!
I can whine a lot more about the computer but will save it. I hope its ok to put this here.
Maggie

#59489 - 07/14/03 02:23 PM Re: The latest...
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Computers always encourage whining at my house. Mine died awhile back because of some hacker getting his jollies by sending viruses to cook hard drives. And my kids whine about whose turn it is to be on the computer. My whine for the day....I spend the entire weekend trying to fix leaks. My central air unit is leaking and I awoke to puddles on the carpet in the basement.
This is the same carpet that I had to replace after the water heater went up a few months ago....and then the filter on my pool exploded and 10000 gallons of water poured out of my pool and into the yard. I spent two days trying to repair the filter, finally got it back together, it ran for 5 minutes and then blew again. This single mother, home repair shit is for the birds.
Is it possible that we can restore the practice of indentured servitude....I could import some studdly, handyman from Eastern Europe or somewhere and he can just meet all my needs for me. What do you think?

#59490 - 07/14/03 04:52 PM Re: The latest...
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
love the idea of the studdly man imported. Sounds
like you have good reason to whine. I am afraid to touch the water heater so I say more power to you.
Maggie

#59491 - 07/18/03 04:10 AM Re: The latest...
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
oh goodie -- it's not just MY puter [Smile] it's the only thing that reaaaaaaly can get me MAD -- if i don't get my daily dose of PC'ing -- i'm a CRAZY woman [Big Grin]

maybe that's why i had to find something else to whine about at 2 am this morning ----

how can i feel so all alone
with all these people around
why do i feel its all up to me
(i need to win the lottery)

i've always "fixed" it --
made everything all right
i take the worry off them
so only I sit up at night

would they do it for me -
oh I'm sure they would
could they do it for me -
i'm sure never as good [Smile]

i'm soooo tired of worrying
robbing peter to pay paul
people declare bankruptcy
to get away from this all

it's not right
to spend our lives this way
we should be able to have some fun
before our judgement day

i spend so much time away from home
just to make a buck
i should be home taking care of things
instead -- life's "building" up

i need sometime for myself
a chance to download
i feel it won't be long
before i EXPLODE

so now i put my pen back down
and climb out of bed
go get dressed - get ready for work
and prepare to switch my head

#59492 - 07/18/03 05:52 AM Re: The latest...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Now THAT was a good whine Lionspaw! I loved it. What a hoot! My phone lines were out this morning when I arose and went to get my morning fix with coffee in hand. Nothing to do except get ready for work...what a terrible way to start a day. I felt cheated.

#59493 - 07/19/03 02:36 AM Re: The latest...
lionspaaw Offline

oh man -- that would REEALLLY start my day off bad [Smile] at least i can get ONLINE -- even if it IS as slow as tree sap [Smile]

#59494 - 07/19/03 04:05 AM Re: The latest...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Can I whine about my girl friend's lack of understanding? Read on.

My girlfriend can be a real pain sometimes, and also has the memory of an elephant. I bet she remembers being in the womb.

Yesterday I stopped at her house and when she opened the door, I held up both hands in front of me and shouted, “TA DAA!” In them was the most adorable Basset Hound you’ve ever seen. She just stood there in her neon green pj’s and said, “What’s that?” I said, “What do you mean, what’s that and what’s wrong with you?”

“I’m not speaking to you, don’t you remember and what’s with the puppy?” I quickly scanned my brain for my latest infraction, but coming up short, I just grinned and announced, “Meet Elvis.” “Elvis?” She stated flatly. I said, “Yeah, isn’t he great?” “Oh yeah. Dandy, now go away” she replied as she started to shut the door.

I stood there looking in disbelief. “Wait! Can’t we come in?” I asked. Again, flatly, “No.”
“Ah…come on. We won’t stay but a sec. I just want you to get to know Elvis. To know him is to love him. Trust me,” I said.

“TRUST YOU? HA! I trusted you to house sit and you not only killed every cactus plant I owned, you ate them.” Whoops. I had a perfectly good explanation and so I said, “So that’s what this is all about? Look, it wasn’t my fault. Someone told me they were good sautéed.”

She rolled her eyes and said, “Okay, how about last week? You tricked me into dating your friend saying he was prefect for me. Only you forgot to mention that Mr. Right was 5’2 and –” --- “Now wait a minute, what have you got against short people?” I asked. “I have nothing against people shorter than my 6’ height, you idiot, but people who have made guest appearances on Jerry Springer are not, in my estimation, dating material!”

I knew the next thing out of her mouth would be that time in high school she had a date that night with a senior and I said, “Oh that stomach ache is just nerves. Here, take one of these little chocolate pills I’ve seen my grandmother use when her stomach hurts. Heck, since you’re so nervous, take four. That should do it. Says here, “Ex-Lax works fast.” It did.

She obviously needed space so I said, “fine.” She repeated “fine.”

Once home, the first thing Elvis did was leave a calling card. Make that cards. While cleaning up both messes, he redesigned my new, leather “sure to give you the Executive look,” handbag to the distressed look by dragging his sharp claws from one end to the other.

Normally, I would have called my girlfriend and cried; however, gut instinct said don’t go there. So doing the next best thing, I popped “Gone With The Wind” in the VCR, grabbed a box of chocolates, looked at Elvis and said…“Elvis, you ain’t nothing but a hound dog.”

#59495 - 07/21/03 03:07 PM Re: The latest...
gwinny Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
My 33 year old daughter, Lisa, and her 3 children and I share an apartment. "Share" is the operative word -- and it actually works beautifully for us at this point in our lives. Right now I am the only one with a car. Lisa has a friend, Carli, who is pretty much a "taker". Although she and her boyfriend have vehicles, she constantly calls Lisa to give her rides, pick her up, etc. The first weekend in June, Lisa mentioned she had been invited to Carli's daughter's house for some type of party and asked if there was any problem with her going (she always asks if she is planning on leaving the kids with me). I was in the middle of producing a video, plus big deadlines of working and saw no problem - however, I did not fully understand exactly what she was talking about until "D Day". I was waiting to meet the audio guy to pick up the wav file for the video that was due 3 days later. Lisa comes in at 4 pm and says, "I'm going". "Where, I asked?". "To Corsicana - remember?" I had not realized that she was planning on taking my car -- to a town that is 1-1/2 hours away and certainly not that early in the day. Because I had to go meet the audio guy - there was no other option than to tell her there was no way she could take the car. I felt really bad about it.

Carli pitched a huge fit - even going to our boss (we contract for the same company) and ranting about Lisa ruining her relationship with her daughter for missing the Tupperware party. My boss sided with Carli saying that Lisa made a commitment and failed to follow through and she would have been mad too. I kept insisting that it was NOT Lisa's fault - she had done everything she knew to do - if anyone was to be blamed, it should be me. No one cared to remember that Carli knew when she asked that Lisa did not have a car of her own!

Carli calls yesterday, wanting Lisa to drive her to Corsiciana to take one of her puppies to the vet (it has Parvo). She did not want to drive her own truck cause the a/c is out. I said "NO WAY!" After my outburst, Lisa and I talked about the situation. A little voice seemed to very gently whisper, "There is not a problem with you not letting Lisa take your car to drive Carli to Corsiciana -- but you need to examine your attitude for saying no."

That seems to be one of the things I find myself trying to keep a very close watch over -- my attitude. I believe that God is not as concerned with what we do or what we say -- as much as WHY and our attitude. If I allow the seed of bitterness to slip beneath the soil of my soul and grow roots - it will spread to all other areas of my life. Maybe one day I will grow comfortable with the concept that I do not have to say YES to every request that comes my way.

Maybe.

#59496 - 07/22/03 02:07 AM Re: The latest...
lionspaaw Offline

keep listening to your little voice --

it has more power than you realize [Smile]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved