The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59497 - 07/27/03 06:58 PM Re: The latest...
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
is it just me? We all get up each day and put deodorant on under our arms.... but the worst thing about this heat is that in just ten minutes i am sweating to beat the band...but not under my Arms! i get soggy under my bra area... i know some of you are probably thinking ...too much information... but what on earth do you do to keep from looking like a drowned rat???
here in kansas the heat and humidity are wreaking havoc on me! within minutes i feel sick to my stomach due to this horrid heat and i look silly cuz i seem to sweat in all the wrong places.
SO what am i doing wrong???
whine whine whine!!!!!
[Roll Eyes] whimper
oleladee

#59498 - 07/28/03 07:00 AM Re: The latest...
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
eeek! what was i thinking telling you girls all this info?
i guess i hope you all understand.
oleladee [Wink]

#59499 - 07/27/03 09:16 PM Re: The latest...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Was talking with a woman at church today who hasn't slept in a month and was having a hot flash as we spoke...it's everywhere! [Mad]

This could be a very dumb suggestion, but how about baby powder? The new kind with Vitamins A,E, and pure cornstarch? It may help sop up the perspiration before it seeps through the clothes...lovely! [Razz] [Eek!]

#59500 - 07/29/03 04:15 PM Re: The latest...
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I actually put deodorant order my boobs as well as my arms. It works for me.

#59501 - 07/29/03 04:32 PM Re: The latest...
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hot flashes have been doing me in too. So, I put deodorant under my breasts too. But one piece of advice, make sure it is deoderant and not antipersperant. antipersperant has been known to cause breast cancer. so be careful Not to use it. Sandy

#59502 - 08/10/03 04:10 AM Re: The latest...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
[Frown] I was so close to finishing my webpage when the "owners" decided to close the site down for maintenance! I am so frustrated! My only days off which I had set aside to finally complete my web page and they pull the plug! I bet I only lack about 30 minutes worth of work finishing the @#$% page! The site manager said "Well, just log back in at midnight." Ackkkk....Calgon...take me away...

I feel like making prank calls to Dominoes Pizza or rolling someone's yard! Good grief.

Okay..Okay...taking deep breathes here...whoossshhhhh...in out...in out...

#59503 - 08/11/03 12:35 AM Re: The latest...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

jawjaw, who owns your site?

How often will they be closing down for maintenance? You might want to ask before you sign with them...just a thought.

Can't wait to see it. I believe it is the beginning of many new things to come. [Big Grin]

#59504 - 08/11/03 05:09 AM Re: The latest...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,
It is Network Solutions. Gosh I hope I haven't gotten into something I will regret! A friend of mine uses them and has for a while. She recommended them and said she was very pleased...maybe it was my timing? Anyhooo...we shall see. I am excited and hope to finish it tomorrow or at least by the end of the week.

#59505 - 08/12/03 02:48 PM Re: The latest...
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Sweaty boobs...this is GREAT!!! Where else in the cyber world can you find hilarious stuff like this? In baltimore, most days you can't see the skyline for the dense humidity and code red polution so we can relate to the instant sweats that erupt the minute you step out the door. I've taken to wearing what my kids call "wife beaters". They are those 100% cotton men's tank type ribbed undershirts. Not that I am well endowed by any stretch of the imagination, but the shirts are form fitting and absorb alot of sweat. And I do use baby powder, the corn starch kind. The new problem in my body is a partial body night sweat. I'll awaken soaked in sweat from the waist down. Sweaty legs? Yikes, don't we all sound sexy?

#59506 - 08/12/03 08:33 PM Re: The latest...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The only way I can keep cool in the summer is to take cold showers every couple of hours or to spend the entire time in a cold pool of water. Needless to say, I can't really manage to do either one. I used to put anti-perspirant in all kinds of places on my body, but then when I learned it has aluminum in it, I decided to confine the risk to my pits.

Hot flashes... I used to drink sage tea (white sage is best, I think) every day or every other day, and that did the trick, but drinking too much sage tea will make you sick eventually. Besides, I'm a little worried about my kidneys, so I put up with the sweating because I feel that sweating a lot gives the kidneys a break.

In short, there is very little you can do about your body's natural reaction to the summer heat.

Baby powder helps. Frequent showering helps. I drink a lot of very, very cold, lemony iced tea and lemonade. And sit around cursing about how the heat increases my already insufferable fatigue!

I found some calcium citrate on sale, though, at the Walgreen's where my husband works when he's not out on Worker's Comp! Really cheap stuff, but whatever it's got in it, this stuff eases the awful fatigue. Some folks have speculated that my fatigue is a cellular problem, and calcium works on the very delicate cellular level... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Bitchingly yours,
Lil [Roll Eyes]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved