The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59247 - 11/01/05 09:38 PM Re: Christmas gifts
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Thanks, I check them out. Christmas is closer than we think.

#59248 - 11/03/05 11:33 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Crossstitch Queen
Thank you so much for the link to the instructions for the fleece blankets- I went to Hancock fabrics this morning on my day off got 4 yards of fabric and some big beads to attach to the ties and started my best friends Christmas gift- it is coming out so well I'm nearly done and ready to make smaller ones for my grandkids!

#59249 - 11/03/05 11:54 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
When my son was in grade school and I worked part time, I made some very inexpensive and easy gifts for his teachers. They were simple aprons made of Christmas tree fabric I purchased for $1.00 per yard. And they only took 1 yard! I didn't even have to wrap them, I just rolled them up and tied a ribbon around them. The teachers all LOVED them and wore them the day of the school Christmas party (Remember when you could say it was a Christmas party instead of something so politically incorrect). My son was as the age when giving the teacher a present was a big deal and I think he felt like the IT kid of the day.

Daisygirl

#59250 - 11/04/05 03:22 AM Re: Christmas gifts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One year I crocheted seven round afghans and gave them to relatives who still have them. I also made and sold a couple dozen at a craft show. It seems the relatives so enjoy and appreciate the gifts that are homemade and beautiful...Haven't had the time in a couple years to do that again. May try again next year.

#59251 - 11/05/05 08:45 AM Re: Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
PAttyann, what inds of beads did you get? Will they launder? I'll have to tell my daughter.

Daisy, those were the days when you could make gifts for a dollar.

Chatty, crocheting afghans is such a gift of love. MY MIL was not a crafty woman, but she did learn to crochet. She made all the grandkids blankets which they still have. It was her only year of doing anything crafty, but those blankets are wonderful remembrances of her love for them. I hope the poeple you gave them to were grateful!

#59252 - 11/04/05 11:29 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Dotsie- I just got large plastic beads- like little girls use for crafting- the blanket is purple on one solid side and a modern artish type floral with golds and purples and blues so I used these goldish clear beads- and since you've got to wash on cold- no problem- they did say craft beads- machine washable

#59253 - 11/05/05 05:28 AM Re: Christmas gifts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie they joked that this was the first year they couldn't eat what I gave them...Its been about 4 years ago now and all still use them or have them for decoration on their beds. The colored soft yarns are so beautiful. I use mine all the time. I really enjoyed making them but have some arthritis in my hands and they get too heavy to handle for me now.

#59254 - 11/05/05 07:10 AM Re: Christmas gifts
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dotsie, I'm showing my age when I say I made something for a dollar!

I would like to learn how to knit! When I'm finished with my remodeling I plan to learn.

#59255 - 11/06/05 06:02 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
I am going to make these blankets too - they're cute and look nice and comfy = thanx for the site. We have both Jo=Anns and Hancock's here, so it should be an easy deal. I'd like to see a more close up picture too, but maybe Jo-Anns has some premade....

#59256 - 11/06/05 07:20 PM Re: Christmas gifts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty,
Would you send me the pattern for the round blankets? I love to crochet and I might could make one of those. I said might...

JJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved