The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59237 - 10/28/05 05:27 PM Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone make Christmas gifts? If so what have you made?

My daughter received a blanket that is knotted, not sewn. It's two pieces of incredibly soft fabric tied together. Sounds crazy, but it works. Since receiving her blanket two as gifts and is working on another.

In the past I have mainly baked cookies and fruit breads to give neighbors and friends.

#59238 - 10/30/05 06:13 PM Re: Christmas gifts
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I know those blankets!! I made many of them last year and gave them away as Xmas presents. Everyone who rec'd them loved them.......I heard from several people that it was the best gift they rec'd!
I make almost all the Xmas gifts I give. One of my friends is a flipflop freak, she must have 50 pairs, I crosstitched a welcome sign that has flip flops all around the border, and a flipflop keychain, and have found her coasters and a Xmas ornament to match. I have two more of the knotted fleece blankets to give to friends this year, some handpainted ceramic snowmen, and lots of other handcrafted goodies. I make stuff all year long.....crosstitch and otherwise......and put it all into a big plastic storage box. There are some things that I know exactly who I'm making it for as I create it........and there is some other stuff that as it gets closer to the holidays, I decide then who I'm going to give it to. My husband is from a large family and I usually have no problem finding someone who would enjoy the gift!
One of my pals is into sailing......I crosstitched a bookmark with sailboats on it, attached a sailboat charm with a ribbon.
BTW, have you seen the fleece pillows (knotted like the blankets)that go along with the blankets?

#59239 - 10/30/05 07:31 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

crosstitch, Your home sounds like a craft extravaganza! What fun. I hoepn your family and friends appreciate your labors of love.

No, I haven't seen the pillows. I'll have ato tell my daughter.

#59240 - 10/31/05 04:17 AM Re: Christmas gifts
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I'd really like to see a picture of the blankets...they sound interesting.
Any pictures on-line etc?
Sounds like I might even be able to put one together.

#59241 - 10/31/05 05:47 PM Re: Christmas gifts
CrosstitchQueen Offline

If this works, you can click on the link and see a pic of a blanket, and there are instructions on the site too:

http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm

Is there any way to post photos here on BWS? I've got some photos on my computer of blankets I've made, but don't know how to post them here on the site, if that's possible.....

BTW the blankets are really easy to make. You can buy the fleece in pieces already cut to size and paired up (such as a navy blue plaid with a solid navy blue for instance) or you can buy fleece off the bolt and put together whatever combinations you want (I made one for a buddy who is a Dale Ernhardt fan with one side printed in race cars with Dale's # in black & gray and did the other side just a solid gray.) I can knock out a blanket from start to finish in about 2 hours.

[ October 31, 2005, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: CrosstitchQueen ]

#59242 - 10/31/05 06:25 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ann, yup, that's the blakets. Mydaughter bought the pre-cut cancer survivor set for my sister. She ahs since bought fleece and matched a print with a solid. She chose a couple great combinations. Thanks for th elink.

I asked her if she knew about the pillows and she did.

#59243 - 10/31/05 10:25 PM Re: Christmas gifts
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Thanks, for sending the site link.
Also, have a uncle who is into Dale, his wife is a cancer survivor so there goes the perfect gifts for Christmas.

Need to take a close up look at these blankets...wonder if Jo-Ann fabrics have them?
Saw an ad on the site.

#59244 - 11/01/05 04:40 AM Re: Christmas gifts
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Last year JoAnne's Fabrics had tons of them.......I haven't been to one lately, but I get their flyer in the mail, and they were advertising them.

Also saw some in Walmart recently, but most of the designs were for kids.....cartoon characters and the like.

If you have Hancock Fabrics near you, they probably have them too......

#59245 - 11/01/05 06:10 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

My daughter got the cancer survivor set at WalMart.

#59246 - 11/01/05 06:12 PM Re: Christmas gifts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JoAnne's has the fleece fabric and some blanket sets. It's cheaper to buy the sets. My duaghter got the fabric at JoAnne's on sale for 30% off, but it was still more expensive than buying the set at WalMart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved