The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59226 - 10/17/05 09:28 PM Art Gallery
Northwest Mom Offline

Loc: Sandpoint, Idaho
Hello, while I'm not an artist myself I decided I wanted to be my own boss so I purchased an art gallery while still holding down my full time job and raising two kids. To increase my sales I poured several thousand dollars into a new web site but unfortunately I have not had any sales to date via the site. I advertise via google and our local paper. Does any one have any recommendations on what I can do better or what I may be doing wrong. My long term goal is to feature more women artists because it appears we get the short end of the stick in this industry in terms of exposure yet we make up the bulk of the artists out there.

#59227 - 10/18/05 01:48 AM Re: Art Gallery
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mickey,
I visited your site and was very impressed. I don't have any suggestions for you but there should be some other artist here that could help.

The only thing I can think of would be bartering some services with other galleries. Like maybe networking and hosting an event together?

The artwork shown was outstanding. Joh Shaver's work was unbelievable. I felt like I could reach out and touch the water, or smell the grass the fields. Wonderful work!

The book you discussed, "changing the questions" sounded interesting but I couldn't find a link to it.

I admire you for what you done and are presently doing. I really do wish you success and hope you'll keep us posted on what happens. Its a wonderful gallery. It truly is!

JJ

#59228 - 10/18/05 03:29 PM Re: Art Gallery
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Mickey,
One question I thought of last night was this. Do galleries have agents? If so, you might want to consider getting an agent to advertise for you??? Course, this may be way expensive. What do I know? I can't even color in the lines.

JJ

#59229 - 10/18/05 09:00 PM Re: Art Gallery
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Northwestmom, feel free to call me at 1-877-bboomer. I'll see if I can help.

#59230 - 10/18/05 09:18 PM Re: Art Gallery
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Northwest, there is an art gallery coop that one of our boomer members runs. Her screen name is Renegade Artist. You can search for her in the member directory here, and then contact her for info. Have you had an open house? Lynn329

#59231 - 10/19/05 12:26 PM Re: Art Gallery
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Mickey, that's a wonderful idea. I wish more people realized the value of art in our lives.

What's your website URL? I know there are online directories for art galleries, but I don't have any other information.

#59232 - 10/19/05 08:37 PM Re: Art Gallery
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Meredith,
Click on the little house and it will take you to her homepage. Hugs, JJ

#59233 - 10/20/05 05:57 PM Re: Art Gallery
Northwest Mom Offline

Loc: Sandpoint, Idaho
Thank you for your note. The web address is www.timberstand.com

We are seeing some better traffic but no sales?

#59234 - 10/20/05 09:24 PM Re: Art Gallery
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Mickey,
Have you had a reception for artsists and had them send invitations to everyone on their lists?
Also the Chamber of Commerce in your area can be helpful with events or make suggestions.
Maggie

#59235 - 10/21/05 06:05 AM Re: Art Gallery
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
Maggie I'm not sure where you are in Oregon but maybe you will remember that in Portland I believe the Chamber of Commerce started an event called "First Thursday"
First Thursday was hosted by different art galleries each month. They also had art gallery tours.
Northwest Mom maybe you could get something like that started where you live.
Another thing you might do is to sponsor a featured artist and each month and get their artwork displayed in some of the "hot spots" (restaurants etc) in town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved