The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58980 - 11/18/04 07:28 PM Sher is the new Martha.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I am soooooo patting myself on the back today. I am the craftiest of the crafty. [Big Grin]

I am making scented wax-coated teddy bears for Christmas gifts, along with "fake" apple pies.

You may now worship me as a domestic goddess.

My sister brought me a teddy bear (my nickname is Bear, btw) from NC that had been dipped in heavily scented wax. Smells like a big birthday cake. Anyway, I got to thinking that I could do that. I snagged some bears, some scent and some wax and away I went.

I also saw some of those potpourri pies at a craft fair and decided I could do that, too. I made some salt dough and baked one yesterday.

I'm going to the city this weekend to get some candle scent so that I can make some more bears. I'm thinking I may put some in a couple beauty shops around town and possibly generate some extra cash as well.

Who can top me? What crafty thing have you done lately???

Anyone? Anyone?

#58981 - 11/18/04 07:38 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gee...not me. The only thing I've made was some Snowman's Poop.

JJ

#58982 - 11/18/04 09:26 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, you keep letting those creative juices flow! Sorry, no competition here. Ask Maggie! I bet she'll give you a run for your money.

Jawjaw, you're talking mini marshmallows, aren't you? [Big Grin]

#58983 - 11/18/04 09:44 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Good luck on the new project Sher. They sound adorable! Lately the only thing I'm being crafty with is my writing. Trying a few different directions and not getting anywhere fast, but you all know how that goes!

#58984 - 11/18/04 10:06 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Craft projects? Me? You gotta be kidding.

I can't picture what these wax bears would look like. Is there a website or something that shows them? This will drive me nuts until I see one.

My real pies always come out tasting like potpourri pies. Can't master them.

#58985 - 11/19/04 06:31 AM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Sher,
That sounds like so much fun and I bet you will do well on them. Love the bears and bet the pies smell luscious.
Dotsie, will have to think about this one for a while. Stil doing the handmade paper and having fun with it. Will be demoing at a bazaar this weekend Stamping. They love to watch the heat tool melt the embossing powders.
Congratulations Sher on being the new Martha.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58986 - 11/19/04 04:19 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Dianne..... I'm genuinely sorry for your lack of pie baking ability. [Smile] Surely they're not as bad tasting as my potpourri ones.

The bears just look like bears.... except you pick the wax when you dip them so their hair stands out in little prickly pieces. I just love them. They're cute as heck and they smell so great.

If you guys knew how crafts challenged I truly am, you'd understand my unbelievable joy at actually producing something that's cute. The bad thing is that my OCD kicks in from time to time when I'm crafting and I go overboard. I noticed last night that my husband and my Yorkie would look really cute dipped in scented wax with pretty bows around their necks. [Big Grin]

#58987 - 11/19/04 09:15 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Oh Dear Sher,
Your last sentence just proved you are a true crafter. "I noticed last night that my husband and my yorkie would look really cute dipped in scented wax and with pretty bows around their necks."
Whenever your ready to decorate your family that's a sign of a true crafter. LOL
Maggie

#58988 - 11/21/04 07:18 PM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, while Christmas shopping yesterday I saw your pies and thought of you immediately. They looked cute and smelled wonderful.

#58989 - 11/23/04 09:43 AM Re: Sher is the new Martha.
Mixedmetaphors Offline

Loc: My Mountain
Reluctantly perpetuating my "What [Roll Eyes] image":
Always artsy-fartsy, I saw doggie chew toys, approx. 3.5" X 1.5" rawhide, that were made like mocassins. Grabbed them up,'cause they cried, "save me"! Save Me"!. First thought naturally was dress up somehow as Christmas ornament. Lightbulb! Bead them. Art object?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved