The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#58851 - 07/16/04 04:48 AM Any scrapbookers out there?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Anyone do scrapbooking?

Louisa

#58852 - 07/16/04 05:06 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Me, not really. I sometimes make handmade greeting cards.

#58853 - 07/16/04 05:31 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes, Louisa,
I love to scrapbook and carry some of it in a shop here on the coast.
What are you working on? I am trying to start my husbands scrapbook for his birthday in August.
Just need to sit down and put it together. I did one for me last year. That one was recommended by a writer. Also am working on family ones.
Sometimes Dotsie calls me the Arts and Crafts queen.
Maggie

#58854 - 07/16/04 06:51 PM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
About two years ago, I started organizing all our family photos in scrapbooks. They had been in photo albums with no descriptions, and nobody ever looked at them. My incentive was to give my daughter a scrapbook of her life as a shower gift. I organized the photos by making a scrapbook for each calendar year, and tried to discipline myself by doing one year each month. I am not at all professional, but it was fun reliving all the memories, vacations, birthday parties, etc. The only problem was that once the wedding loomed closer and I got busier and busier, my monthly discipline got lost in the shuffle. For the shower last October, my daughter had a book that was missing the first 5 years of her life, and she is my younger daughter! That meant that I still have about 10 years and a second child to finish...hahaha. The wedding was in January, and I figured I would pick up right where I left off. NOT. I have barely put one year together since winter. All the supplies are in my office, which I see everyday, and one of these days.........

#58855 - 07/17/04 12:20 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I-yiyi! There was atime when I put every picture in an album with captions and descriptions. That ended about ten years ago. I also have lots of catching up to do.

We spend the 2000 New Year with some friends. We stayed in a hotel at our inner harbor for a couple nights, took tons of pictures, and had a real blast.

My girlfriend is a pro at scrapbooking. She gave me everything I needed including teeny stickers, cut-outs, and the album so I could commemorate our celebration of the new century. It's all still in a closet upstairs. [Frown] One of these days!

#58856 - 07/17/04 04:03 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Wow Wizard, what an accomplishment!! Its hard to keep working on them when its so pretty outside.
At least for me it is. Its also easier for me when I am working in a group. The inspiration flows easier. Then I can come home and go to work.
Were trying to organize a group here that just gathers and scrapbooks with no pressure to buy anything.
Maggie

#58857 - 07/22/04 02:02 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Seth Offline

Loc: Madison, WI
I've been scrapping for a few years now. I find it goes in spurts. Right now we're trying to sell our house, so living "clean" is not condusive to scrapping. I have made heritage books, family books, small books, and even two baby books for my daughters, with no pictures, for them to fill in. I also did a wedding book for one of my daughters, that she could fill in. My nephew was in an awesome performance group for several years during the summer, and each year I made him a book to remember the summer. I think it's a great relaxer, and an awesome gift. I also enjoy going to scrapbooking conventions. The only thing I don't like about the whole concept is that some people, or manufacturers are going to such extremes, that the photos are almost insignificant. I can't go along with that "piece of art" concept. I just like nice pages that enhance my pictures, and tell a story when appropriate. It's a great hobby!!!

#58858 - 07/22/04 04:43 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hi, Maggie,
I have several "started." I have a ton of stuff and even more pictures. My daughter got me into it. She's real good at it. I'm doing one on my husband, but it's only about half done. I have one on both of us with all sorts of pictures. I have a heritage one on "me." I plan to do a Disney one and one on Vegas now that I have hundreds of pictures of both. [Smile] [Cool]

#58859 - 07/23/04 03:53 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have begun to scrapbook for my son and a family one for all. I have stopped-moving is not conducive to scrapbooking-you are right.

I am not professional at all. Just photos, captions, little doodads around.

Ten years ago I put togther a beautiful mahogany box (handmade) for my husband and got as many friends and family to contirute photos, essays, letters, poems etc to be included. I spent months compiling it all. It is definitely not fancy but presenting it to him was a huge thrill. I literally had to contact people fromall over the globe and then get the stuff here on time.

It actually brought tears to his eyes. Mostly because people took the time to contribute and participate in his 50th birthday.

Of course everything had commentary which really made the project! Wish we could all get together and just scrapbook together!

Lynn

#58860 - 07/23/04 08:42 AM Re: Any scrapbookers out there?
Maggie Offline

Wouldn't it be fun to get together like Lynn suggested and scrapbook. Oh Dotsie could we do this as part of our convention?
Wouldn't it be fun to bring the ones we've done of us to share with everyone. Your scrapbooks all sound so neat. I am just trying to get the pictures out of boxes and into something. They are not all professional either but its fun to do.
I like the ones with journaling in them.
I took an old photo album with me over to my aunts. We had fun going through it and putting names with the pictures. There was lots of laughter, tears and reminiscing. The next day she took us to a museum where she had donated a lot of things. I was writing down some of the stories.
Then we went to two cemeteries and I was able to write more stories, take pictures and learn a lot.
Maggie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved