The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#58784 - 08/02/04 09:30 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So Maggie, are you going to be making any of those trees this year?

#58785 - 08/03/04 12:35 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thanks Dotsie, [Smile]
I thought I might see if our bazaar group would like to make one if its OK with Toni of course. Are you going to make one Dotsie? It would be fun if those who did them could share a picture don't you think?
Yes, I am always on the lookout for new projects for the church bazaar. [Wink]
Maggie

#58786 - 08/03/04 01:59 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Maggie,

So glad you liked my trees. Sure, that would be great if you want to make the trees! I think it would be a wonderful idea for a church bazaar!
Should anyone here on the site create a Eucalyptus Christmas tree, it would fun to view each other's tree. Each tree is individual--so many variations can be created. The sky's the limit when making them!

There are vocational schools and hobby stores that someetimes give instruction on how to make them. It does take time and patience to learn the craft of making them.

Some Ben Franklin stores sell the grapevine cones and some garden stores do, also.

When my husband and I travel to Virginia in October I'll see if I can find out some information on them.

The average cost per tree can run between $70-100 or more--depending on the size and number of lights and objects put on them. Stores like Odd Lots or Big Lots sell small items for the Christmas trees at a low cost. The less one pays for the creation of the tree, the more profit it will bring.

Let me know how it goes for you should you decide to make a tree.

#58787 - 08/03/04 02:56 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Ladies,

I'm sure many of you know about eucalyptus and other like plants and that they need to be 'fresh' and in good color but in case you don't, let me interject a few words of caution.

Be careful when you buy the eucalyptus--some of it may be old and will not look or work well on the cone. Sometimes I've had to ask for better eucalyptus--sometimes kept in the back of the store--or went eleswhere.

Eucalyptus also needs to be kept in an 'airy' environment and will usually last--kept in a healthy environment for about two years.

Also, be careful with the 'glue' guns. As you know, they get very hot and when applying it on to the eucalyptus, one needs to be careful. I came close to burning myself several times.

I know that you probably know all of this but I just wanted to present a word of caution.

They are interesting and fun to make and the finished product is worth the hard work.

Let me know how it goes should you decide to make one.

(Read this over and sounds like an instruction manual Oh well, better safe than sorry?)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved