The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58764 - 05/26/04 01:08 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Toni, I called the Michaels Craft shops here and they carry eucalyptus branches but they have flowers on them and no cones, they told me to check another place but they didn't have any idea what I meant. I figured if they had them I could get what you needed and box them up and mail them to you but no dice...sorry and I hope you find what you need. [Frown]

#58765 - 05/26/04 03:54 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
If you can put the eucalyptus on the grapevine cones, I'm sure you could make the cones yourself. I've got a grapevine and when it's green and growing, it's easy to shape it any way you want to. Take the leaves off -- it'll dry brown I've made wreaths and things with it. You can find wild grapevine all over the place, ewen in the suburbs. You could probably get a sytrofoam cone shape and use that to mold the vines around.

#58766 - 05/26/04 04:25 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Chatty and DJ,

Thank you both for your help and searching. Finding these objects is difficult and time-consuming--no need to do any further searching...it's often frustrating. I will be searching online a store in Ohio that used to sell them. I will either purchase several from them or seek another outlet.

I don't have time or the skills to make the grapevine cones; otherwise, I might attempt it. I'll see what I can find...

Thank you again for your time and efforts...Much appreciated...

Toni

#58767 - 05/28/04 07:11 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Toni,
Hope you have luck with the other store, but I had one more thought. We do a lot of shopping for crafts at thrift shops. Goodwill in Portland is the favorite of the gals in my craft group.
If we see any will let you know.
Maggie

#58768 - 05/28/04 04:59 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Hi Maggie,

Thank you so much for that idea! I will be doing some on and off-line searching for the elusive grapevine cones...

Let me know what you find out...

Again, thank you for such a thoughtful and kind offer...

Toni

#58769 - 06/07/04 03:08 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Hi Ladies,

Found a place in Ohio where I can buy the grapevine cones. Also, may go to Virginia in August to pick up a few.

Wanted to let you know that I finally found them.

Thanks for all of your help and input.

Much appreciated.

#58770 - 06/07/04 04:32 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Toni,
Is there a picture of one of these as a finished product? I would love to see one. Thanks!

JJ

#58771 - 07/28/04 10:29 PM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Toni: did you get your grapevine cones already? I don't think I've seen any.

#58772 - 07/29/04 01:00 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
So glad you found them Toni. Yes, I too would like to see a picture of the project. Sounded neAT.
Maggie

#58773 - 07/29/04 01:18 AM Re: Viewing of Christmas trees--this Sunday....
Toni Offline

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your interest in the Eucalyptus Christmas trees. They are beautiful! I will search for my pictures of them--may take some time but when I do, I'll scan them into my website and then you can click on to see them.

I'll take a guess and say that this will happen in the next one to two weeks.

When I find the pictures, I'll post a note here in this Forum.

I learned to make them over 10 years ago from a friend. It doesn't take long to learn the process but it does take time--several days to complete one tree. The work is worth it because the tree lasts for two years and provides great beauty.

I may take a completed tree and enter it into a Thanksgiving or Christmas Bazaar. Been wanting to do this for a long time....
Will keep you posted.....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved