The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58741 - 04/18/04 10:51 PM Bookworm
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Smile,

How did the bookworm work out? Did you have your play.
Maggie

#58742 - 04/19/04 01:49 AM Re: Bookworm
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thanks for asking Maggie.
I got some green fuzzy stuff and some white velvety stuff and I made the body in kind of lumps with the white stuff for the belly and the green stuff for the back like a catepillar. I made the head kind of like a small basketball with a round nose and round white eyes made from satiny looking stuff over some balls that light up and blink. (They came out of some toys my grandson was finished with).
I am still having problems with the mouth, but it's going to be ok.
Won't do anything with it til next weekend. Saturday I perform at a writer's conference. I'm still working on a voice for the worm. I'm thinking a strong nasal intellectual type thing. Oh I forgot, the worm wears glasses and has a graduation cap on.
Say a prayer.
smile

#58743 - 04/19/04 02:26 AM Re: Bookworm
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Your worm sounds absolutely adorable, does this fellow have a name? I love the fact he wears glass's. I once wrote a childrens story called: Sneaky Snake and the worm reminds me of him alittle. [Roll Eyes]

#58744 - 04/19/04 02:59 AM Re: Bookworm
smilinize Offline

Chatty, I haven't yet named him yet. Maybe some boomers have ideas for a name.
He will be onstage alone greeting children, but maybe I could work a cute name into his act or into a song somehow.
I eliminated the snakey worm and went for the cuter caterpillar look. He's pretty cute. He has big bulging eyes and a big smile. He's kind of a nerd with the glasses and all.

Anyone have an idea for a name?
smile

#58745 - 04/19/04 03:15 AM Re: Bookworm
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Smile,
Your bookworm sounds darling and wonderful.
From your desription its easy to picture and I know the kids will love it.
Have fun and know your in our prayers.
Maggie

#58746 - 04/19/04 08:12 PM Re: Bookworm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, Does he have something to do with a book you wrote, or a movie? Forgive me, but I forget what his purpose is. I know he'll be on stage alone but what comes before and after? Give us a little more and maybe we can come up with a name for you. I bet the queen or Thistle could help. The queen's funny and Thistle is forever naming her animals! [Wink]

#58747 - 04/19/04 10:45 PM Re: Bookworm
smilinize Offline

Mr. ?? Bookworm is a totally new character that I just made up for a book conference Saturday. He is not a part of a movie or book.
He is just on stage interactng with the kids. He tells a story in which the kids kind of act out parts with different movements and noises for different characters in the story.
It's kind of about how he becomes different characters as he reads different books and how he gets frustrated when he has to stop reading and become nothing but a worm again.
But then he gets an A on his book report and is happy that he is who he is--A book worm.
Does that make any sense???

Weird.
smile

#58748 - 04/20/04 05:31 PM Re: Bookworm
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about Squirmy the Bookwormy.

Okay, so now you see my lack of creativity in this area....

#58749 - 04/20/04 06:43 PM Re: Bookworm
smilinize Offline

Hey, I think squirmy bookwormy is a great idea. I might even be able to work that into the story. It might not be his real name, but what the other kids call him when they make fun of him in the beginning. I'm adding that right now. Thanks for the idea.

Maybe he's a hyperactive worm???

Hey, could be.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved