The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5869 - 06/03/04 07:57 AM time alone with husband?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What do you do, or have you done to steal moments away with your spouse while children are still living at home?

#5870 - 06/03/04 12:18 AM Re: time alone with husband?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Go out to dinner at his favorite restaurant not the kids. I was able to talk through a whole meal without being interrupted and so was he. We laughed and laughed at that one. [Roll Eyes]
Take a ride together.
Work in the garden.
Help him with a project
Walk with him most days.
He helps me in many other ways too, loading the car on bazaar days is just one example. [Smile]
When you work and play together I think you stay together.
Thanks,
Maggie

#5871 - 06/03/04 02:21 AM Re: time alone with husband?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Boy it is hard with a five year old and living int he sticks without babysitters nearby.

We usually work on projects around the house together.

It doesn't usually happen but we enjoy watching movies, going out to eat, listening to live music or visiting with friends.

This time of year, we enjoy sitting on the screened porch and enjoying our environment or making a fire in the yard and simply staring and talking.

Lynn

#5872 - 06/03/04 05:43 AM Re: time alone with husband?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Maybe a trip back to the places where you spent time together before the kids would be nice. Maybe a romantic evening on the beach or your favorite parking spot ( it it's still there).

Maybe a candle lit dinner. Maybe a new dress and a limo ride to a an expensive place. Maybe just a whole day in bed.

Just some ideas.
smile

#5873 - 06/04/04 07:23 AM Re: time alone with husband?
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
I haven't posted in ages, so this may be long winded but the question about time with a spouse is so important. I learned the hard way how very important alone time is for a marriage. Some of you "old timer" boomers may recall that last year my husband had a breakdown that was eventually diagnosed as bipolar disorder and he was in a manic phase. The phase lasted for months with the end result that he left in february and by the time all was said and done, there were police, psychiatrists, disappearances and eventually I had to file for divorce in an attempt to protect our home and assets. Happily, a few days before our divorce hearing (our 15th wedding anniversary, coincidentally), he called me and asked if we could talk. I had not seen or heard from him from May until August. So we met and talked for hours, he moved back to baltimore, we began "dating" and finally in December on Christmas Eve, he moved home. The six months of the illness were the worst time of my life. My husband is my best friend and soul mate, even if that sounds cliche, it is true. I never gave up hope that somehow, we'd find each other again. During the time he was gone, I realized that besides the mental illness, there were problems with our relationship. We had been together for 16 years and had begun to take each other for granted. We were busy with kids and jobs and volunteer pursuits. We never made time for each other, we didn't talk or share feelings often enough. I told God and myself all during the estrangement that I would work on my own problems and my own faults and if I ever got the chance, I would never take my blessings for granted again.
My husband and I now make a point of connecting daily, spending just a few minutes each day taking each other's emotional pulse, lingering over a warm hug, holding hands or doing some little thing to show affection. We also have a mandatory weekly date night now. Both of us look forward to and cherish our dates. We laugh and hold hands, occassionally dance or play pool. We recharge our batteries, together. I know how easy it is when you're married w/ children to become overwhelmed w/ kid needs and household chores and job responsibilities, but I've decided to treat my marriage like a precious child. The best advice I can give to anyone who is married and wants to stay that way is to make time for each other and re-learn how to play!

#5874 - 06/04/04 04:58 AM Re: time alone with husband?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Amen Kathryn...good for you and your husband. Your advice is sound and should be followed by anyone having similar problems or better still "before" problems arrise. [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved