The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58698 - 12/09/03 07:20 PM Martha Stewart?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay so I got your attention... [Big Grin]

I'm about to share the most Martha Stewartish project I've ever done. [Razz]

So you can either click to anothe rpost or read on.... [Razz]

Hopefully some of you will be able to use this idea during the season.

Since the kids were little we would always bake for our neighbors and on Christmas Eve my husabnd and the kids would drive around the neighborhood and deliver the goodies. TRADITION!
Still doing it last year at ages, 14, 15, and 17. We baked all kinds of cookies and always a Baby Jesus Cupcake on each glass plate that I bought from the dollar store.

The Baby Jesus cupcakes were simple to make. Cupcake mix, chocolate icing, coconut with yellow food coloring as hay and a plastic baby plunked down on the hay.

Well with the diabetics in the house I chose to bake less and do something else.

Are you ready for this ladies?

You know the clementines you buy in little crates this time of year? My family loves them, and so do I.

I save all those little wooden crates, spray paint them silver or gold, fill them with greens (all kinds), and put fruit and Christmas candy that I buy at Sam's Club, along with some little ornament that I buy at the dollar store (8 for a dollar), couple candy canes, and call it a gift/center-piece.

What do you think? Would Martha be proud or what?

If you don't buy the clementines, you could use boxes.

They look very Christmasy!

Anyone else have gift ideas?

#58699 - 12/10/03 08:32 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
sounds kewl Dotsie...but what the heck is a clementine?

#58700 - 12/09/03 09:34 PM Re: Martha Stewart?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thank you, Jawjaw, I too wondered what a clementine is. If the Queen doesn't know what they are how are the rest of us supposed to know? [Big Grin]
I may have to try this with the little crates
taking up space here.
Yes, you definitely have a Martha Stewart idea.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58701 - 12/10/03 12:06 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I'm guessing a clementine is some type of orange..........or somebody's darlin'

(oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' clementine.......jawjaw I'm surprised you didn't know that [Razz] actually I'm surprised you read the post considering Martha Stewart was the title.....)

#58702 - 12/10/03 12:28 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh my darlin's, what's a clementine? [Big Grin]

A clementine is this wonderful piece of fruit (not an orange and not a tangerine) but a clementine.

It's the juiciest thing you've ever tasted, simple to peel, and no seeds.

Look in the produce areas next time you're in the grocery store. they are usually at the end of the ailes stacked in wooden crates with red mesh covering the top so they don't fall out.

#58703 - 12/10/03 01:32 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
uh...I knew what they were...really! honest. I just wanted to see if YOU ALL knew......what?

I say we all go buy some "clementines" and mail them to Martha in the slammer...whatcha say?

We could call them MartSlammers...eh? nice ring to it, don't you think?

She would probably make a million off of um....knowing her.. [Roll Eyes]

#58704 - 12/10/03 04:13 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Glad nobody else knew what clementines were. [Wink]

Last year I did something similar for gifts but didn't use crates - I picked up some inexpensive christmas tartan tea towels (with gold thread in the pattern) and folded them in an origami pattern that makes a little box ( I used spray starch and the iron to make them stiff enough to stay in place). Quite quick to do and then I filled them with goodies and wrapped the lot in clear cellophane.

I'm going to make your baby Jesus cupcakes for my daughter's daycare party...haven't heard of those before! [Big Grin]

#58705 - 12/10/03 04:22 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
well, I'm just going to march into the local grocery store and tell them I want a clementine........and then watch their reaction..... [Confused]

round here, a kiwi is about as exotic as we get.......or maybe the occasional mango...... [Razz]

#58706 - 12/10/03 04:28 AM Re: Martha Stewart?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Back in the 70's when my eldest sister was living in London she went to the shops and asked for passionfruit...(something we have by the ton in summer in Oz) they thought she was joking...

#58707 - 12/10/03 04:26 PM Re: Martha Stewart?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I guess Baltimore is a big city cmpared to some of the other locations in this neighborhood. We can get just about any type of food we want. there are all kinds of specialty food stores too. My favorite is an Italian store in the city a couple doors down from where my husband's office. They have every kind of special Italian ingredient you can imagine. mmm, mmm, good...delicious sandwiches too.

Here I am talking about food again.

He also works near a market and I just love browsing there. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Julie, gald yo are making those cupcakes. Just make sure no one eats the baby Jesus. [Razz]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved