The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58635 - 09/25/03 03:33 PM Decorating windows?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have 4 goofy shaped windows in my office that I would love to put some kind of valance on. They are about 8 feet wide and only 1 foot high. Mkke sense?

Anyway, I'd like to buy some pretty fabric that I could somehow drape without having to sew actual stitches! [Big Grin]

Any ideas or am I asking too much? [Razz]

#58636 - 09/25/03 04:57 PM Re: Decorating windows?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Line the window sill with pretty colored bottles that will allow the sun to filter thru them thereby creating your own rainbow.

Use a single tension rod and once in place, simply drape pretty placemats over them...or solid colored ones...or bamboo ones...OR old mini blinds that serve no purpose that you can cut and lay over the rod.

Hang dried flowers from a tension rod OR fake ones

Use a vine and hang wreathes from it

Depending on the season, tape or hole punch and hang pretty CARDS such as the ones your son makes, from a TENSION ROD or string of some kind.

Cut off a sheets and PIN it over a TENSION ROD...or a pillow case works nicely too

Find an old quit at a flea market that has seen better days, is dirt cheap, and can be cut up (oh that kills me to say that!) then cut it and hang it...yes, you guessed it...over a tension rod and try being creative by hanging it diagonally, or just on one side of the rod...put a vine over it...or hang a wreath on the "blank" side....

String beads and hang them vertically

wheww....okay...that's all I can think of off the top of my head...

#58637 - 09/28/03 02:31 PM Re: Decorating windows?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay gals, you have inspired me to finally do something about this. I am going to try to get to the fabric and craft store this week. Now I know I will find something creative and fun. Thanks for picking your brains for me. [Big Grin]

[ September 28, 2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved