The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58615 - 09/01/03 05:43 AM Crafts
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
There were a lot of Art festivals, Art auctions going on in our area. How about in your
areas?
They have said that a lot of people are going back to the Arts and Crafts and I think they are correct.
I must go out and unload the last of my stuff from the festival yesterday. Today I made paper in the blender instead of doing anything else and had fun. My customers keep buying the cards that I use these on. With one more festival
coming up and the local bazaar......
Is this a popular item in any of your areas?
Maggie

#58616 - 09/01/03 02:51 PM Re: Crafts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Haven't been to too many festivals lately, but I recall attending one a couple years ago and a gentleman was showing how he made the paper for his cards. It was fascinating. He really drew a crowd too.

Please tell us all the crafts you are selling at the shows.

And yes, I have a friend who is an artist and she drove to a festival in Pennsylvania on Saturday. Must be a busy weekend!

#58617 - 09/01/03 06:29 PM Re: Crafts
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
I wonder if that was Arnold Grummer. He is famous for paper making and sells kits, books on how to do it.
I sell Calligraphy, just learned to do it in
color and so had fun with that. Tole and Decorative Painting. Last Christmas I entered a Seahorse in the Oregon Coast Aquariums contest and won first place. The ornaments were hung on the Capital tree in Washington DC. Afterward they are given to children. This was my claim to fame.(LOL). My husband cuts the wood.
The Rubber Stamped art is the most fun. I stamp, emboss, make the paper and put it all together in cards or whatever is lying around. I use a lot of add ons or layer the cards with scraps of paper I have.
I have found this to help with the healing process too if I am down.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58618 - 09/03/03 05:21 PM Re: Crafts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maggie, the man wasn't anyone famious. Just a local yocal!

Sounds like you have quite a business going there. I bet doing the festivals is so much fun. When I go, I always love talking to the artisans. With all the questions I ask, you might think I was writing a book about their craft. I just can't help myself. I love people and find artists especially interesting! [Razz]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved