The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#58418 - 03/14/06 09:28 PM Re: Let's have fun with this!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
It was great fun. I performed on stage there and in high school and college. Chuck was on-stage a couple of times in small roles, but preferred to help behind the scenes. Mostly, we were a production manager/stage manager team for several different groups. We loved it but gave it up after the kids were born. I've thought about going back to it but decided it wouldn't be the same. It was a wonderful part of our life, though.

#58419 - 03/15/06 08:28 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
You know what they say about Corgi's...

the Cardigan Welsh Corgi has the tail but the
Pembroke Welsh Corgi has the Queen.

#58420 - 03/15/06 08:32 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
oh...about where we've been...the first time I ever needed a passport it was to fly to Russia. Dave and I left the USA on Mon a.m. and got to Moscow on Wed p.m. /I don't care about "time zones"...my body said it was 2.5 days!/ The man who hired me for the job wasn't there, was in Armenia and wouldn't get to Russia for a week. He had a "no-neck ABC guy" pick us up and we left for a 5 hour van ride with two guys who knew /being a relative term after all/ English...at least one of them did. I eventually called him Col. Klink but he didn't understand why.

Being in Russia was wild in a way visiting other places wasn't wild...we couldn't speak nor read the language and were *totally* at the mercy of other people. I just LOVED that trip!

#58421 - 03/15/06 09:49 PM Re: Let's have fun with this!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My most exciting trip was around the world. I left from the East coast and returned to the west coast. Took a couple of months and visited tons of places all the way around.

Of all the places though I loved Paris and Hawaii best. I know they are tourist traps and cliche, but they are just so beautiful.

Thistle, talk about time zones, we left Tokyo one day and arrived in Hawaii the day BEFORE. It was weird.

But best of all though are the car trips through the U.S. I love seeing things up close and the scenery going by.

Love the Virgin and Greek islands and the coastal towns along the Mexican Baja. But don't like cruises at all.

smile

#58422 - 03/17/06 01:27 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, I'm with you on the car trips. I'd love to see all 50 states and may continue that mission when the kids leave the nest.

How many states have you visited?

Thistle, are you going back to Russia?

JAckie, sounds like fun. I have a friend who does occasional lcal dinner theaters and loves it. That's something she's going to do more of in her empty nest.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved