The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#58408 - 03/01/06 08:17 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dots..we flew into St.Thomas and took the ferry to St. John...I wouldn't want to go back if I had to land on a dirt road either.. [Smile]

First class to London? Not too shabby [Smile] [Big Grin] ...don't you love when unexpectedly fabulous things just happen to you?

#58409 - 03/02/06 04:04 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
oops, my mistake. So did we. It was Virgin Gorda where we flew in on the dirt road scattering goats.

Where was the post that I mentioned taking my son away on spring break? I'm losing it. Anyway, soemone asked where we were going.We're heading to Jamaica.

Here's the scoop. He and his buddies searched forever to find a cheap spring break vacation they could all afford and couldn't find one.

I took this as the perfect opportunity to do something nice with him since his 21st birthday is just around the corner. So the two of us are heading to a sunny beach for four days. I figure we both like the sun, books, beaches, tennis and eating. Why not? I'm getting excited.

#58410 - 03/03/06 01:55 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
That's Awesome Dotsie..your son will always remember his special 21st birthday gift/trip with his Mom...I hope you have fabulous weather and lots and lots of laughs while you are there...You can't go wrong with Jamaica..are you staying at an all inclusive?

I'm going to a semi Spring Break with my 21 year old daughter too....we're going to Daytona Beach where she will be competing in the College Cheerleading Nationals for 3 days but then we are going to stay another 3 days for some fun in the sun too...I think we are lucky to have kids who want to share these things with us...don't you?

#58411 - 03/03/06 03:54 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Both of you are to be given kudos and high fives for being so involved in their lives. The trips sound fab, and I just bet you all have the time of your life! Good for you...

JJ

#58412 - 03/05/06 12:39 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Dotsie and Nancy,

Both of your spring trips with your children sound awesome! I'll be vising my kids in NY in a couple of weeks on our way to VA for Chuck's sister's wedding. We'll be staying with Ed in his apartment, Laura is taking a day of to spend in the city with us and they're taking us to a Broadway show. I'm counting the days!

#58413 - 03/12/06 03:39 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow saw a program last night about Ireland and really saw what wonders our JJ has to look forward to when visiting there this spring...If I were wealthy I believe I would spend my time between Ireland, Italy, Greece and of course USA. JJ best be careful however there are 10,000 pubs in Ireland and they all prepare scrumptious meals of lamb, corn beef and cabbage, bacon fried potatoes, oh my!!! It all looked so good I nearly gnawed on the TV legs....

#58414 - 03/12/06 10:07 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yummmm, Chatty.
We love Irish corned beef and cabbage!

#58415 - 03/13/06 07:36 PM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blondi, Yes, I feel so blessed. I can't wait.

I haven't seen you in a couple days so maybe you are already vacationing. Hope you are having a great time. Let us know how your daughter's cheerleading team did.

Jackie, what show are you goign to see? When I went to NY with the girls we saw Mama Mia. It was the perfect show for a bunch of midlife women.

Chatty, I roared when I read you almost ate the TV legs.

I love corned beef and cabbage. I've had it tiwce in the past couple of weeks. My maiden name is McNamara.

One night Dad made it in his crock pot and brought it to us so we could all feast. Another night I made it. I also do it in the crock pot. It's so easy.

#58416 - 03/13/06 11:16 PM Re: Let's have fun with this!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We're going to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." It's one of the few hit musicals that my daughter the theater maven hasn't seen yet, and it's supposed to be wonderful. I can't wait! Chuck and I met through a community theater group, and my kids inherited our love of live performances.

#58417 - 03/15/06 08:06 AM Re: Let's have fun with this!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sounds like fun.

Do, or did you and Chuck ever perform?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved