The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58350 - 02/18/06 05:23 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Diane, it is 5 pm here. The temperature reading is 0 ZERO degrees F. With wind it is MINUS 22 degrees! My goodness girlfriend what have we done to ourselves moving to these cold climates! My view is of Pikes Peak from the front of the house (over the top of the houses of the subdivision) and of the CO prairie (a natural habitat for the Prebble Mouse) from the back of my house. (the side views are blocked by homes, so close together.) We are having a slow steady snow, about 2 inches so far. The best part? I put the Lands End coats on my little white Westies, let them out the deck door, and they go in the yard, which is fenced. How come you got to move the year that it's the coldest in a decade? L, L

#58351 - 02/18/06 05:38 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dianne,
I love Minnesota . My father has family out that way in St Paul it is the land of the thousand lakes . They have such lovely blue lakes in Minnasota . The ice fishing and all the ice carnivals in St Paul and Minnapolis the lovely twin citys . I was out there many years ago. Those midwestern people are so nice.

Chatty, I watch that show and love it House Hunters I must have missed it last night . They show Towson. Wow I did miss that show , Towson is pretty place to live.

[ February 17, 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#58352 - 02/18/06 05:42 AM Re: The journeys begun...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dianne,
I assume you are in or near Minneapolis. There is an abundance of excellent theaters in Minneapolis/St Paul. The Guthrie Theater of course is world famous and there are so many other theaters there. I've met so many playwrights from that area. I believe thay have an exceptional apprecaition for original work.

It's been a few years since I was there, but Minneapolis is the only airport I've ever been in (including New York) where all the posters on the walls were advertising plays.

Your sky condo is almost exactly like the one where I lived in Milwaukee except the view was of Lake Michigan. We were on the ninth floor less than 100 feet from the banks of the lake. It was beautiful to watch the sailboats and tankers go by and to see the skaters when it froze over in winter.

However, as a sunshine girl, I hated the cold weather and couldn't wait to get home where the sun shines. I love being able to drive around with the top down on Christmas Eve. But today winter finally came and it has been cold all day. Yuk!

smile

#58353 - 02/18/06 07:53 AM Re: The journeys begun...
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
You know, I didn't know there was an odor in Savannah, I haven't ever been there. We live in the soybean capital of the world, and there's nothing worse than burnt soybeans!

SHerri

#58354 - 02/18/06 09:36 AM Re: The journeys begun...
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Dianne, you are in God's country!!! I grew up in Minnesota - most of my family are still there, many rellies in Minneapolis area including 2 sisters.

You mentioned your acting career - smile is right, there is a wonderful theatre community there. My cousin is in the development department of the Ordway Theater in St Paul. Call there and ask for Amy Anderson and tell her that cousin Jo from ND told you to call and I'm sure she will do her best to connect you with information on the theatre scene.

Mpls./St Paul is a great urban area. Theatre, restaurants, shopping, major hub airport, and the list goes on and on and on. You are also in a hotspot for quality medical care should you need it with the U of M hospitals and Mayo clinic nearby in Rochester. My brother-in-law is listed as one of the top internists in the twin city area - he is Dr. Richard Beck at the Park-Nicollet Clinic - Golden Valley. Here is a link to info about him - http://www.parknicollet.com/Methodist/Doctors/Find_a_doctor/provider_detail/provider_detail.cfm?ID=487

Looks like you have a place to live so don't need to refer you to my cousin the realtor!

The winter can be cold but the summer is well worth the wait! The lakes are absolutely beautiful and abundant. If you have time in the summer be sure to visit the Fergus Falls area (go I94 north a couple of hours). Ottertail County where Fergus is located has the highest concentration of lakes in the state and is totally gorgeous in the summer. If you get that far, let me know and I'll tell you the best places to go. And when you decide to buy a lake home I'll put you in touch with that realtor cousin!

My sisters are chanpion shoppers so if you need to know where to get anything, I can find out where to get it for you. I have so many connections there so if there is anything you need to know or find, send me a PM and I'll get the answers for you.

Also have a nephew who is a fantastic financial advisor. When he was laid off because of company restructuring he had his pick of other jobs because of his previous work. Was offered a position overseeing three Wells Fargo banks but turned it down to stay in the individual advisory field.

Well, hope you get settled in my beloved Minnesota quickly and find many new friends and activities to enjoy, too!!!

#58355 - 02/18/06 12:59 PM Re: The journeys begun...
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Love your new condo, Diane. I also live in one
in the middle of "everything."

Let us know how everything goes.

#58356 - 02/18/06 07:26 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wow! I think flipperjo should work for the MN chamber of commerce. Thank you so much for all the info. That was really nice of all of you to give me your input.

I'm not an actor. I was taking acting classes in TN because it was something I always wanted to do and loved it. I'm not sure I actually want to act. Just want to learn the trade right now.

#58357 - 02/19/06 09:05 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, flipper's description of the lakes make me want to visit. I hope you take time to visit them this summer. Sounds like a nice get-a-way.

#58358 - 02/20/06 05:21 AM Re: The journeys begun...
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
yes, Dianne, i do believe i missed my calling. much as i love my adopted state, a piece of my heart will always be in minnesota!

#58359 - 02/20/06 07:30 PM Re: The journeys begun...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Smile, the airport posters in Nashville are country stars! Recorded messages from them play, welcoming visitors to Music City. I always thought that was cool.

Flipperjo, I've been to Wyzeta (is that right?). I was really impressed with it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved