The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58254 - 12/24/05 04:16 AM Orlando, Fl.
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I just made a commitment to join my daughter and her family to fly to Orlando in March for seven days.
This will be my first time so far away from home, which scares me, but it's the beginning of my journey into coming out of my cocoon.
To you that don't know, I've married 41 years, went from my mother to my husband at the age of 18, and now just finding out I need to do things on my own. The marriage is down the drain.
Just want to hear from you out there that are familiar with the area, and what to do and not what to do.
We'll be staying in a place that had a volcano in the swimming pool. The Grandson's are going to love it!
Good places to eat in Disney World, outside of there, but close by? You know.....place to go, and not to go.
Thank you!
Lynne

#58255 - 12/24/05 04:41 AM Re: Orlando, Fl.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
LSmith5434, believe me dear lady there is life after divorce, lots to do and see as you will find out more and more each day. You are important, your spirit, your soul so don't be afraid to venture forth and nourish yourself inside and out. I had a hard time as well but as time went by it got easier and now try and hold me down, not gonna happen...Wow! Disney World what a first step that will be, fun and happiness and smiling faces everywhere, good food and company and wait until you see your grandsons faces when they see all the sights. I applaud you and the effort it takes to re-establish yourself as a single. Have faith it will happen... [Wink]

[ December 23, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#58256 - 12/24/05 05:03 AM Re: Orlando, Fl.
LSmith5434 Offline

Whoops! Guess I didn't make it clear about the marriage.
Not divorced.....still living together.....but live separate lives pretty much.
Anyway.....Chatty.....I do appreciate you enthusiasm about my trip on my own.
I know it will be fun, it's just that I will be away from my "safe place." I think most of you know what I mean by that.
Lynne

#58257 - 12/24/05 05:14 AM Re: Orlando, Fl.
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I live outside of Orlando, and trust me, you're not going to have any trouble finding things to do or places to eat! I'm trying to remember which hotel has a volcano in the swimming pool but don't know which one it is. Can't remember!
Rainforest Cafe is a great place to eat (it's at Downtown Disney Marketplace -- not in Disney itself, no cover charge to get into the Marketplace and your grandson's will love it, it's like eating in the rainforest, and they have really good food). Here's a link to info about it:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=RainforestCafeDTDDiningPage&bhcp=1

There is so much to see and do at Disney that you can easily spend a week there and not see it all, but some other great things to do with kids are Wet N Wild (water slide park) or Sea World or Universal Studios.
Kids also like Medieval Times.....the list goes on and on. And of course if you want to take a break from the theme parks, there's always the beach! Cocoa Beach is less than an hour's drive from Disney (and your grandsons might enjoy visiting the Space Center).
I'm sure there's tons of info about Disney (and all the other stuff I mentioned above) on the internet, and if I think of any more stuff, I'll let you know.......and I'll be glad to try to answer any other questions you might have.
Ann

[ December 23, 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: CrosstitchQueen ]

#58258 - 12/24/05 08:21 AM Re: Orlando, Fl.
LSmith5434 Offline

Ann.....
Wow! Sounds like some fun around your area.
I've been to Disneyland many times, but I know it isn't like that in Disney World.
We have a Rain Forest in Seattle. It's really cute. When the gradson's were little, that ape would really scare them.
Thank you for offering your knowledge if I have any questions. I will really use you.
Merry Christmas!
Lynne

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved