The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58204 - 11/22/05 02:34 AM traveling for Thanksgiving?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone traveling for Thanksgiving? The only one traveling in my family is now home! I picked him up from the airport today. Woohoo. He's home until Sunday!

#58205 - 11/22/05 02:53 AM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Not me. My kids are all here and we will have 2 extra young people, possibly a third.
I'm happy that your son is home, Dotsie. Have a blast!!

#58206 - 11/22/05 03:38 AM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Believe it or not, I'll be home this year. I'm doing all of the cooking!

#58207 - 11/22/05 04:41 AM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Protest as I did to myself, I have decided to stay home and cook. I got the bug!!!! Told my family they were all welcome to come ever if they wanted to but I was invited to their homes so I think we will all make our own meals and possibly visit another time. This town is such a madhouse traffic wise during the holidays and the drunks on the road are frightful. My family all live an hours drive away and I am just not in the mood to fight the traffic etc. I have 4 old timers coming from the Nursing home a couple blocks away and am housing 3 extra dogs right now from the SPCA, so I have to be here. This is my kind of Thanksgiving anyway, being able to give to others...I enjoy being in my own home on holidays and have already put up some festive Christmas decorations...and am baking. [Wink]

#58208 - 11/22/05 04:54 AM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
My kids are both coming here from New York. The only traveling we have to do is to my mother's on Thanksgiving. It's about an hour and a half from here, but we're down there so often it doesn't bother us. I just hope the bad weather they're predicting is rain and not snow.

#58209 - 11/22/05 03:54 PM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
No traveling for me this year either....others are coming HERE! My sister from W. Virginia and my brother-in-law and his wife from Maryland. Hopefully the predicted snow will NOT happen. Might not effect my brother-in-law's drive here but certainly my sister's. I'm looking forward to that turkey dinner. It's one of my favorite meals to prepare!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BOOMERS [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#58210 - 11/22/05 07:28 PM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm flying to Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day, thus, at least not cooking! Also, my father is getting married Saturday, so it will be a very busy long weekend. Yet, I will my animals!

Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!

#58211 - 11/22/05 11:27 PM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm home this year also!

#58212 - 11/22/05 11:45 PM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Mom wants to try one more time to have Thanksgiving at her house, even though her health isn't too great these days. So I promised to go out early in the morning and help her. Which means I will be doing my cooking on Wednesday while babysitting two of my grandkids all day while their mom is at work. I'm fixing a small turkey, caramel cake, scalloped potatoes, and whatever else I find time for. I have a feeling it will be the last time we go to the farm for a big holiday dinner. Mama just isn't able to do that much work anymore. And she refuses to just rest and let us do it for her. My house is way too small to have it here, we'd be sitting in layers on my sofa. LOL.
Have a happy turkey day everyone!

#58213 - 11/23/05 12:27 AM Re: traveling for Thanksgiving?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We're traveling to Mom's then to a nieces for a huge family Thanksgiving. Mom has been very ill and has fallen several times. I hope this is not her last holiday season, but I worry that it might be.

I'll be praying for a wonderful holiday for all boomers everywhere.

If anyone is in prayer, please remember my Mom. I would really appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved