The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58139 - 09/21/05 11:13 PM Florida Keys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
If you've ever wanted to get away and go someplace "exotic" and can't afford Hawaii, try the Florida Keys. It's a great vacation and you'll feel like you've left all your troubles and worries on the mainland.

My husband and I go to the keys several times a year, we just got back this past weekend (yes, we evacuated with the rest of the tourists ahead of Hurricane Rita).

We even take our dog and parrot with us on vacation. We've discovered a really nice place in Key Largo to stay at the Sheraton Beach Resort http://www.keylargoresort.com/

There are great places to stay all along the keys islands, just pick one. One of my favorite islands is Islamorada. It's elegant, quiet, and perfect. Only about 6 miles or so from the Sheraton. My husband goes diving there whenever he gets the chance. The keys is full of dive shops all ready to take you snorkeling or scuba diving, whatever your pleasure.

There's also parks, sanctuaries, and more for those who want to take pictures. Even the beaches will call your name and you won't be able to resist.

Finally, you can't find better food than in the keys, if you're looking for fresh seafood and conch fritters, and yummy crab cakes. Be sure to ask a native where to eat, they know all the best places.

#58140 - 09/22/05 12:37 AM Re: Florida Keys
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Oh, gosh Viki - you torment me.
I haven't been to the Keys in so long. It was so beautiful.
One memory that really stands out in my mind is standing in water up to my waist and still being able to clearly see my feet. It was amazing what you could see without going under water with a mask or anything.
Sigh. Thanks for the reminder.

#58141 - 09/22/05 12:49 AM Re: Florida Keys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

The water is very clear which makes it a perfect place to scuba dive and snorkel. John Pennekcamp Park is in Key Largo and a very popular location for diving or snorkeling. You can learn more about the park here http://www.pennekamppark.com/

#58142 - 09/22/05 10:50 AM Re: Florida Keys
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Thanks for this info, Vicki. It sounds like just the right place for a break for DH and me!

Fifty

#58143 - 09/25/05 05:48 AM Re: Florida Keys
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Vicki, you are the first person that I have ever heard of who takes their parrot-child AND a furkid on vacation with them? How long have you had your parrot?

#58144 - 09/27/05 12:31 AM Re: Florida Keys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

My fid (feathered kid) is a Sun Conure parrot and we've had him now for about 4 months or so. He flew into our backyard one night and adopted us. We checked with all the local pet stores, bird hospitals, vets and newspapers, but no one ever advertised that they lost a Sun Conure. We've since named him Bailey and he's become a permenant fixture in our family. He loves to travel.

We take our American Eskimo dog, Jack too. They sit in the back of the minivan with their own airconditioner controls and enjoy the ride. It takes a little extra planning, like finding places that will not only take a pet (dog or cat), but a bird as well.

I love my pets and I would much rather have them with me than having to worry about them in a kennel being boarded.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved