The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58135 - 09/15/05 02:34 AM Hawaiian paradise...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Okay Danita we want the details of your romantic Island vacation...wait while I pour a glass of bubbly, okay shoot!!! [Razz]

Oh and the bubbly is half carbonated water and half rasberry kool-aid....hic cup [Eek!]

#58136 - 09/15/05 06:12 AM Re: Hawaiian paradise...
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
OK chatty, you twisted my arm.

by now you are totally sauced on your bubbly (hick up back at ya)...

We arrived in paradise on a plane. ):0)

Our first stop was the Waikiki Sheraton, a 5 star hotel on the beach of Waikiki. Our room was on the 31st floor..overlooking the ocean with a balcony that we could sit on. The view was AMAZING! We could see ocean for miles in any direction, and look down and see the green sea turtles swimming and popping up for air.

Arbonne did it all first class. We were greeted with beautiful beach bags, towels, and Arbonne sunscreen products (lol)(being a visionary, these kinds of "touches" thrill me). They had a Luau the first night right next to the ocean, the spread and the entertainment were top shelf!

This was a vacation that we earned - so there were NO meetings - BUT, we got to hob knob with all the "famous" Arbonne people (the ones making LOTS of $$$) and the president of the company. (LOL) What fun!

After the 5 night Arbonne vacation, hubby and I headed to another hotel in waikiki. Waikiki is alot like Vegas Chatty, there is always tons of action. It's hard to relax in a place like that - so much going on.

We wandered the international market, which is an area full of kiosks of cheap souvineers imported from the phillipines or Japan. We ate Korean barb-que. Yummmy...I can NEVER get enough of that food. The Koreans know how to cook!

The waikiki beach is like a zoo with half nakid people lounging on it. LOL. Way too many people there. Lots of eye candy, if you are into that kind of thing. Not me. Give me a good book. lol

The last 4 nights of our trip we spent on the north shore of the island, where people aren't afraid to smoke dope in puplic. Isn't that spppecciallll! (lol). The beaches are very quiet. It is easy to find a beach where there aren't many people. Our routine was to go to the beach for about 3 or 4 hours, go home, have a beer, and plan for part two of the day. (loved that!)

We snorkeled in the famous hananuma bay (like swimming in a fish bowl)...ate shrimp on the beach with the sun going down. What a life.

My favoritest part of the trip was a beach where the sea turttles hung out close to shore. I could watch them for hours!

DH and I drove by our old stomping grounds (we had lived there while we were both in the military)...found out the gardens we had gotten married in were gone (heavy sigh). Why is change the only thing that is constant.

Lots of "romance" on the island - so much so, I had to send DH golfing so I could get some quiet time. (ROTFL)

My 40th birthday was lovely - DH golfing, me napping in bed, reading. What more could a girl want? Ok, ya, more romance! lol

It was a great trip. I am blessed to be home safely to my home, my pets, and my children.

Thanks for letting me share!

tropical hugs,
danita

P.S. I could have flown back to the "mainland" without a plane (if you know what I mean!)

[ September 14, 2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#58137 - 09/15/05 10:26 AM Re: Hawaiian paradise...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Wow, Danita! Your trip sounds absolutely divine! This 40th celebration will bring beautiful memories forever. [Smile]

#58138 - 09/16/05 07:01 AM Re: Hawaiian paradise...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I am giggling at your post. You are way too funny girl. Your trip sounds lovely. You and your hubby should be rejuvinated within your marriage. That's so important every now and then. And I bet you're all ready to sell, sell, sell.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved