The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58126 - 09/10/05 05:35 AM My Vacation To West Virginia
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello All,

Dotsie has asked me to post about my vacation . I hated to post over Diannes Travel to Maine , but I did . Sorry,Dianne . Anyway, this was a wonderful trip to the mountains of W.VA about a six hour drive from here in Maryland. My husband is from a small town alone the Ohio River . About every five years the whole high school from the classes of 1932-1968 has the big high school reunion . We did this over the Labor Day weekend, but we stayed a little longer because my husbands sisters were in also. We had a social hour on Fiday night and then his graduating class had a luncheon on Saturday . Saturday night we had the dinner dance everyone about 600 people came . What fun ! Then on Sunday the picinc at the
Riverside Park on the Ohio River and what good food and fun and a lovely day. Monday we headed to his Cousins in Washington PA for a Labor Day Picinic and lots of food . Oh, so much food . Thuesday we went shopping at the Ohio Mall bought a few things and on Wednesday said goodbye to his sisters . Now wednesday we went down the river to see glass factory "Fenton" . Lovely glass wearand bought some things for my daughter and something for her husband. Fenton glass is just across the river in W.WA . Wanted to tell you about what towns that went threw on the Ohio River along RT 7 . What a lovely ride and what we saw .We went threw a towns little like a blink of a your eye . One town had a name of Fly, another Reno, St. Marys ,Sardis
Maretta Ohio and Powhatton Point . Signs posted up at the Murry Power Plant where people where on strike and sign with calling people "Scabs " for which I had never heard of . They were everywhere along the plant. So , as we hurried passed in the car we just waved back as we passed . So , after a five day trip my longest in a long while and much needed I came home to rest and tell my story of my vacation this summer .

I am back now.

[ September 10, 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#58127 - 09/11/05 07:26 AM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I bet our past feautured author Lori Hein would love this post. She's the one who drove the back roads of America with her children the summer after 9-11.

Nancy, you mention resting after your vacation. I always come home from vacations needing rest. Traveling is a little stressful for me.

#58128 - 09/10/05 09:01 PM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've been to many of the locations you mentioned. Such beautiful country. I'm glad you had such a good time! Welcome home.

#58129 - 09/11/05 05:09 AM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds like a wonderful scenic journey Nancy. I find it funny that people come home to rest after being away on vacation and its everyone, me included, I wonder why that is. Home Sweet Home maybe....theres something about our own little space....glad to see you posting again.... [Big Grin]

#58130 - 09/11/05 05:56 AM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Thank you Chatty and Dotsie and Dianne , for those lovely words. Lousia new where I was going we talk often . Only thing I miss is the "Cracker Barrel" they have wonderful chichen and dumplings that I just love and there green beans and and there baked apples are so good . We ate there before we left St. Clairesville OH. The Hampton Inn where we stayed overlooked the Oho Valley and it was so lovely and the air smelled a sweet a honey . Nice memories.

#58131 - 09/12/05 05:01 AM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nancy50, Its funny how certain wonderful foods are only served in some States. I live in a state where food is the main attraction and yet one of my favorite Chicago favorites can't be found here or even anywhere near here. Its a Midwest thing. What is this culinary delight you ask, why White Castle hamburgers that what. Lordy how I miss them....

#58132 - 09/12/05 05:50 PM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh my word Chatty! I can barely gag one of those things down. You're so funny.

#58133 - 09/13/05 01:43 AM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dianne, My sons and I lived 50 miles from Chicago and we had to drive into the city to find a White Castle and drive we did. Once a week I would pile my 2 and their friends into the car and we headed out to the city to procure our dinner. I would buy 2 bags of 30 and they would all be gone before we even got home. I know I am a gourmet cook and usually am very particular about the food I eat but I was hooked big time on these gag-burgers and now that I can't get them its even worse..They have frozen ones in the supermarket but they just aren't the same....

#58134 - 09/14/05 04:39 PM Re: My Vacation To West Virginia
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Nancy: Glad you had a great vacation time. Thanks for sharing.

And speaking about food- I look forward to enjoying a few delicacies when I go to Puerto Rico [Wink] . Better get going on losing some weight or I'll be in trouble [Big Grin] !

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved