The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58026 - 06/23/05 05:15 AM Visitation dilema
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies need some insight....When someone moves away from home to another State where they reside for many years. Then this person decides to go to visit their childhood home and their parents. Now the dilema, should this individual have to run all over town to visit the Aunts, Uncles, cousins and what have you or is it their responsibiity if they want to see this person, to visit her at her familys home? [Confused]

#58027 - 06/23/05 07:49 AM Re: Visitation dilema
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I say everyone does whatever they want and everyone else copes.
Of course I do all kinds of obligatory visiting when I go home, but a lot of other folks do their share of obligatory visiting me at Mom's too so it all averages out.
I say everyone should "Don't worry, Be happy!"
smile

#58028 - 06/24/05 01:05 AM Re: Visitation dilema
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty,
I usually end up doing all the 'running' - which is why I need a vacation after I get back from vacation. Or more accurately, why I choose not to refer to visiting 'home' as a vacation at all. It usually isn't. Is it fair? No, it isn't, but that's how it works out for me....

#58029 - 06/24/05 05:49 AM Re: Visitation dilema
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes me too thats why I hesitate to go back home for a visit and these people get really ticked off if I don't go and make a fuss over all their possessions, houses. Makes me really mad because when they come to Vegas AGAIN I have to go to their hotels and take them out..Once my mom's gone I will never go back there again and if they come here they can come to my home, I'm proud of my home too. I am not the Las Vegas welcome wagon however... [Eek!]

#58030 - 06/25/05 02:53 PM Re: Visitation dilema
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty Lady ... I guess I've gotten so disconnected with "home" (the town I grew up in) that I don't have to worry too much. BUT, when I go back to AZ for a visit from Germany, it does seem I have to run around to see my family and few friends. Then again, there aren't that many. LOL. But I understand how you must feel. I love the line about the Las Vegas welcome wagon, lol.

Hugs and Blessings, Francine

#58031 - 06/25/05 03:21 PM Re: Visitation dilema
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its how you feel after awhile. Like its your job or something to greet everyone and show them around. No one seems to realize I am not here on vacation. I live here and work here. I wonder how many people would drop everything and take of work in their town to usher me around???? [Mad]

#58032 - 06/26/05 03:35 PM Re: Visitation dilema
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I think it's nice gesture if the family has a little party for the out-of-towner so everyone can gather and visit. Are you planning a trip soon?

#58033 - 06/27/05 12:37 AM Re: Visitation dilema
chatty lady Offline
Writer

NOPE!!!!!!

#58034 - 06/27/05 06:22 AM Re: Visitation dilema
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
When I go home, I have a place to stay, and I usually let some other relatives and friends know ahead of time that I am coming there. Then we usually make arrangements when I get there.

This is only if I have a positive response from anyone. In other words, those that didn't respond positively, or at all before I arrived, then I won't even bother. I do not want to waste anytime when I am there.

Cheers,
Cathi

#58035 - 06/30/05 02:03 AM Re: Visitation dilema
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hi all,

When I went back home (Illinois) for a visit, we would have a family gathering someplace so we could see everyone. The only people's homes we made a point in visiting were those that we were especially close to. It worked out great.
My last parent passed 5 years ago and I went back the summer after Mom passed to go through her things with my siblings. I haven't been back since.

I feel the same way, going "home" is not the same as a vacation. It's an odd feeling to finally sit and decide where you want to go for vacation now that you don't have to figure in going back home.

I live outside Orlando and I know about feeling like the welcome wagon. We finally told people if they were coming they'd have to do a hotel and get their tickets for themselves. I also told them, while they are on vacation, we are not. This is everyday for us, not play time. It seems to have worked out pretty good.

Hope that helps some. Try the family gathering.

Luck,
Sandpiper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved