The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57959 - 05/05/05 03:02 AM 24 hour get-a-way
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That's all it takes to get away from it all and feel refreshed.

Yesterday, Ross and I snuck away for the night. He's off Wednesdays and the kids are in school midweek so it's a simple thing to do. His brother and wife stayed the night with the kids and no one spent the night with us! [Big Grin]

We went to the Hyatt on the Eastern Shore in Cambridge, MD. It sits directly on the water, surrounded by wildlife. Extremely peaceful. If you are in the MD, DC, or VA area it's worth checking out.

What kind of escapes do you make with your hubby, or without him?

[ May 04, 2005, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#57960 - 05/05/05 05:14 AM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I usually go with him. But in July, he's going to Baltimore with a friend of his for 5 days to see 4 Red Sox games. I didn't want to go as I'm not a sports fan at all. My daughter and I are going on a little getaway of our own while they are gone. We booked a weekend at a resort in Ogunquit, ME. We're going to shop, eat and take pictures.
Louisa

#57961 - 05/05/05 06:44 PM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Louisa, you aren't coming to Baltimore? I'm so disappointed.

Your trip with your daughter sounds like fun.

Please let me know if your husband wants an inside scoop on Baltimore. We know all the hot spots around the stadium. My husabnd works within walking distance of the stadium.

#57962 - 05/06/05 06:24 AM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Louisa Offline

I thought about it Dotsie, but he has more vacation time than I do and I didn't really want to spend my vacation watching baseball. I thought about letting him go to the games and I could go shopping and visiting, but then he'd have to go to the games alone. (Which isn't much different than being with me at a sporting event of any kind.) Then I thought of going away with my daughter. She's never been to Ogunquit and I knew she'd love it. My son-in-law wouldn't like it there that much. I thought it would be a great time for Gina and I to do something by ourselves while we still can. There may be grandchildren soon and that will put a damper on our shopping trips.

I will certainly ask if there is anything he wants to know. He is staying at a hotel right in the inner harbor. Can't think of the name. Actually, there is something he's trying to find out about. They want to take a boat cruise to Annapolis. Do you know anything about that? How long a boat ride it is? The name of the boat and how to get in touch with the right person to book it? Maybe there's a website?

Thanks.
Louisa

#57963 - 05/06/05 06:04 PM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Louisa, my brother in law is a licensed captain and charters trips on the Chesapeake Bay. I'll gather some information from him. Give you a few options. Why don't you email me the dates he'll be in town.

#57964 - 05/07/05 06:43 AM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Louisa Offline

Ok. Thanks.
Louisa

#57965 - 05/10/05 09:54 PM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Right across from my husband's workplace is one of our favorite Dallas Hotels - The Omni...and b/c the company has special rates for travelling, we can get a special weekend getaway rate at this high-end hotel for under $50/night. Since we are still "local" it is easier to find help to watch kiddos, etc.

Escapes w/out hubby include the several writer's conferences I attend throughout the year - my favorite is Glorieta Christian Writers' Conference- which puts me in the mountains in fall foilage season. =)

I take the kids on a month long trek to visit relatives across the east coast in the summer months - driving. =) So far, those have actually been really fun.

#57966 - 05/13/05 07:35 AM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Lori Hein Offline

Loc: Boston
DallasGal, you might want to pop over to the Featured Author forum. I'm leading the parade over there for the month of May, and we're having great discussion about everything travel, including American road trips. Lots of ideas and links. You might pick up something for your upcoming annual road trip to the east coast. And, you can probably share some great tips and stories!

#57967 - 05/13/05 07:59 AM Re: 24 hour get-a-way
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dallas, will you be going near Baltimore?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved