The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57812 - 12/06/04 06:14 PM Music Memories
CJ Offline

Loc: Hendersonville, TN
I am doing a survey and I need your help. Pick a song from High School that reminds you of someone or a special event. Tell us about it.

#57813 - 12/06/04 10:17 PM Re: Music Memories
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Celebration by Lionel Ritchie. I still want to dance when I hear that song, and it was my graduating class song. (1981)

#57814 - 12/06/04 10:28 PM Re: Music Memories
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Stevie Wonder, "I just called to say I love you".

My very first true love gave me that record with some roses. I was positive it was going to be played at our wedding. (I was fifteen!)

#57815 - 12/07/04 05:50 AM Re: Music Memories
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Angel Baby by Rosie and the Originals - i think around 1963. My first year of high school. It reminds me dancing with a boy I had a mega crush on. He was a senior, I was a freshman. We danced to that song so many times. He was killed a few years after her graduated from school. To this day, that song reminds me of him.
Louisa

#57816 - 12/07/04 05:52 AM Re: Music Memories
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
That was after "he" graduated from high school.

#57817 - 12/08/04 05:46 AM Re: Music Memories
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My high school sweetheart was a terrific dancer and we went to all the sock hops, dances etc. and were later married where we entered dance contests at the American legion and won. HE was the great dancer, I was a good follower...Our song was: AT LAST by Eda James, we wore out at least two 45's and it was the song played at our wedding. Whenever I hear it today, I have it on a cassette, my mind takes me back to those happy days and I can almost feel myself in his arms and hear him huming the words to me while we slow danced. I still cry for hours after it plays.....42 years later. [Frown]

#57818 - 12/08/04 07:22 AM Re: Music Memories
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
My found memorys of the 1960's a song by the Beach Boys Fun fun when by daddy to the T Bird away . Reminds me when we all went to the beach and the guys would stare at my legs on the boardwalk with my yellow shorts on. There are a lot more , but that is my fovorite song . I loved the Beach Boys and still do.

I love the 60's music and still do.

Fun , fun till my daddy took my T. Bird away. Ya, Ya...Ha!

Nancy

#57819 - 12/21/04 12:10 AM Re: Music Memories
Erica Miner Offline

Loc: Southern CA
quote:
Originally posted by CJ:
I am doing a survey and I need your help. Pick a song from High School that reminds you of someone or a special event. Tell us about it.

I was in a girls' music group in HS. It was one of the key factors in my life: first, because the three closest friends I made there have remained my closest friends through the decades; two, because my musical experience there helped form me as a professional musician; and three, my experience was so vivid that it inspired me to write a novel series, my next project.

All this to say that our theme song was 'To Music,' a rousing, inspiring, chime-accompanied anthem that still gives me goose bumps whenever I hear or think of it. Anyone familiar with that one?

Erica

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved