The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#57450 - 05/12/06 06:44 AM Re: summer vacations?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Dave likes crafts and he likes to eat so agriculture is acceptable -haha- and I've never been to Europe, only Russia on that side of the world. The mission work is Russia; this trip is pure pleasure although we're collecting gifts to take to people we meet along the way. God opens doors and we walk thru 'em.

#57451 - 05/13/06 03:05 AM Re: summer vacations?
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
I am hoping to go back to Sedona AZ. this summer and bring my 23yr. old daughter and 20 yr. old son and hubby (who shall remain ageless:). I was out in Az. for two weeks this winter and went to the Tucson Gem show for just one day and also visited Sedona for a few days. I love Red Rock anywhere and Sedona is beautiful so we bought a time share off of E-bay for the same resort I stayed at. We got a great price. I am also hoping to bring my mom with me on the plane ride out (she is afraid of flying)and leave her at her sisters house (my Aunt) who is not doing well (she has Cancer). I think it would be good for the sisters to see each other one more time and I'm hoping I can be able to make this happen for them. My Aunt's dream was to go on a hot air balloon ride (her daughter told me) and if possible I am hoping to arrange this for me and my Aunt to do also. So these are possible ideas for my summer trip.
Val

#57452 - 05/13/06 04:14 PM Re: summer vacations?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
WOW.....everybody is going to be busy this Summer! My husband and I are heading for a Rhine River cruise the end of August. It's a small(er) ship - only 82 cabins so not a HUGE oceanliner type deal. We start in Basel, Switzerland and go up the Rhine, ending in Amsterdam and fly home from there. It's a nine day trip and I'm hoping to have enough energy to REALLY enjoy it. We are using the trip to "celebrate" my six month milestone on my interferon treatments. If only I could skip the shots during vacation - now that would TRULY be a vacation....LOL

#57453 - 05/14/06 06:26 AM Re: summer vacations?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
quote:
Tried to get some travel tips about this trip on the forum here, but apparently no one has much to say about OK or AR -
I went to Kansas City, Branson, MO and on to Eureka Springs, AR in the beginning of April. I fell so in love with the mid-west. Not to mention that I had the best steak I ever had in my life in KC. I spent one day in Eureka Springs, AR http://www.eurekasprings.com/about/. As you can see from the site, one day is not enough. Oh darn, I'll just have to go back there. Then I went on to Gravette, AR the next day. I love the area.

This summer though, we are going to Williamsburg, VA. We just decided that we live close by and we really haven't explored the area. In the past we have done day trips there whenever we had visitors. This time it will be us and we are staying in a hotel and spending a few days there.

I love traveling and when I was a child, I had said that when I grow up I wanted to be a tourist, LOL.

Cheers,
Cathi

[ May 13, 2006, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Optimumsteps ]

#57454 - 05/14/06 06:14 PM Re: summer vacations?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We don't travel much in the summer. We used to, but found it was too hot, too crowded and too expensive compared to other times of the year. Plus, we were always missing the "coming out" of all of our flowers while we were away. So a few years back we decided to do our travelling in either June or September and enjoy that so much now that we rarely go anywhere during July and August anymore.

But this year we'll be driving to Sept-Iles Quebec in July - if you look at a map of Canada, it's all the way up to the top of the St Lawrence River, close to Labrador. It's my husband's home town, and it's a beautiful (15-hour) drive along the river and such a lovely place to be in the summer. He still has three sisters living there and tons of cousins, so it's always nice for him to get back "home".

It will be a sad reunion this year though, because his fourth sister is very ill right now and not expected to survive the week. So there will be a noticeably empty chair at the table this time...

#57455 - 05/15/06 07:40 AM Re: summer vacations?
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
We are going to Las Vegas to see Celine in concert, then renting a car to go to the Grand Canyon for a week. I am not much for camping out so we booked a room at the Grand Canyon Lodge. I can hardly wait to watch the sunrise and set over the canyon walls!

#57456 - 05/15/06 04:51 PM Re: summer vacations?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
almost angel,

When are you taking your trip? You are going to love vegas AND the grand canyon - the GC lodge is very nice!

You HAVE to go to Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet's restaurant)..the food is fab, the atmosphere is wonderful, and they play Jimmy Buffet videos up on a screen! LOVE it!

We are going on a family vacation to Vegas in June. I want my kids to see the hotels. Where else can you visit 5 countries in one day. lol

danita

#57457 - 05/15/06 06:34 PM Re: summer vacations?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Looks like chatty is going to have some company. Danita, it's just like going to Epcot. So many countries, so little time.

angel, Celine? That's awesome. Who's going?

Eagle, when was the last time hubby got home?

Optimum, we've been to Willaimsburg for a few days vacation in the past. I remember being struck by how nice everyone was, and how clean it was. Very homey too.

Pam, your trip sounds amazing. I"ve never been to Switzerland, but Ross has and he siad it's one of his favorites.

downdog, I'll let you know how this inclusive is. We never stayed at inclusives with the kids when they were little because we had never experienced them. Then our friends talked us in to doing one and now we're hooked.

Val, you are blessed to have kids those ages who still want to travel with Mom and Dad.

[ May 15, 2006, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#57458 - 05/16/06 02:17 AM Re: summer vacations?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Your summer plans all sound so amazing and fun!!!!'I can't wait to read about each of your experiences when you return....

Danita...Jimmy Buffett is my favorite performer..my kids gave me 2 tix to his concert this summer (aug 1) when he comes to philly...I can't wait...we tailgate all day before the concert ...that day in itself is like a vacation for me.. [Smile]

#57459 - 05/16/06 03:48 AM Re: summer vacations?
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Danita, We are leaving next Wednesday. I am going to give Chatty a call once we are checked in at the Hotel. We are planning to go to Margaritaville. We both love Jimmy Buffet and Margaritas : ) I am hoping Chatty will want to join us.

Dotsie, this time it will be just Ian and I. Most of our friends and family think we are crazy to hike the canyon at our age.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved