The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57402 - 10/19/03 12:45 AM Moving on out!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Well Ladies, As soon as my husband's stamina is up, we are going to Oxnard California to pick up an airplane (Stampe) he just bought. Is selling the current plane so we have some money to pay for all this time out of work but he is excited about the new "stunt" plane. Anyway it is open cock pit and can't be flown cross country in the cold, so we are taking the wings off and putting it in a Penske truck and driving it east. Our little family has a big adventure to look forward to along with seeing friends across the country on the way back. We all needed some living to look forward to amongst all this surgery stuff. It is all a little scary since we haven't sold the first plane to finance any of this but I think God put the opportunity in front of us because we needed good energy and I have faith it will work out. But nonetheless, it is a bit scary to be so far out on the wing financially-no pun intended. We leave Nov. 2. Will let you know all about it upon our return.

#57403 - 10/19/03 04:05 AM Re: Moving on out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
How exciting Lynn! Oh please take a journal along and document your trip. That way, you can share the days and nights with us all. Would you? That would be great fun!

Also, I think you have the kind of spirit God looks for in a person so I am sure HE is hearing your prayers (and ours FOR you) and HE will provide for the sale of the other plane. You just keep that wonderful faith in tact...it will happen! Sending hugs and blessings,

#57404 - 10/19/03 08:04 PM Re: Moving on out!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have never been a jouranl keeper BUT my birthday just past and a friend gave me jouranl. This was just before our trip was confirmed. I knew the message I was receiving....keep track of this glorious time in my life. I will try since I have received so much encourgement. I will tell you this also...On my birthday, my husband did not take anything out of the freezer for diner. He suggested we go out. Money is tight since his operation and I hesitated. He went to find a pair of pants to fit over his healing but bloated belly. My Dad died suddenly this past February and my Mom gave my husband some pants that were too big for him. John grabbed a pair thinking they might work. In the pocket was $40. which he handed to me and said "Happy Birthday from Pop-Pop. You can imagine the tears that welled up although they were sweet tears. We went to dinner and the bill came to $40.06. Sixth sense? This was my first journal entry in my new book.

I also received the book "The five people you meet in Heaven".

Quite a theme for my birthday huh? It was my best birthday ever.

#57405 - 10/19/03 09:52 PM Re: Moving on out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lynn,
And you are trying to tell us you are not a writer? I still have goose bumps all over from that post. What a sweet story to share. May God bless you on your journaling journey...

Hugs and blessings!

#57406 - 10/20/03 12:28 AM Re: Moving on out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
Our little family has a big adventure to look forward to along with seeing friends across the country on the way back. We all needed some living to look forward to amongst all this surgery stuff. Will let you know all about it upon our return.

Lynn, my husband says that you always need something to look forward to in life. I think the timing of your trip is fantastic. I'm thrilled for you. A perfect way for you to be together as family and take your mind off all the health stuff that you've been living and breathing for the past many weeks. [Big Grin]

[ October 19, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#57407 - 10/23/03 04:39 AM Re: Moving on out!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Lynn, I have about 6 blank journals that people have given me, all empty. I always sya I'll do one for this trip or I 'll do one while I was plannig the wedding or fixing up our first house, but it never happens. I regret every time I didn't do it. Take the journal with you and promise me you'll write in it atleast once. You'll be gladyou did.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved